Twitter not showing on contacts cards after hard reset.

Darren Kent 79

May 7, 2013
Visit site
I've had to reset my Lumia 920 after it went a bit weird. Was having screen freeze, and a strange pixel thing happened on my glance screen. Been on the dev preview since the start with no problems.
I've logged in and synced it through the email & accounts setting, but there's nothing showing on any of my contacts to do with twitter, nor are any of my twitter contacts showing. I've gone through the settings on the people hub, but can't get any Twitter contacts to show.
I've also tried removing the account and logging / syncing back in with no avail.
This is the first hard reset I've done on the device, when I went to 8.1 it was a straight update from 8.0.

Nerdy Woman

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
First check this: Go to the People app on your phone. At the top, below the title "people" and the word "contacts" it may say "showing some accounts. Tap the some accounts link. Which takes you to the Contacts Filter. Make sure Twitter is checked here.

If that doesn't work...

Have you checked your Microsoft ID account to verify that Twitter is still a connected service?

Go to the live.com or outlook.com webpage on your computer. Using the down arrow just to the right of the word Outlook in the title bar, select People. In the upper right corner, directly below your name, there are icons for connected services. If the Twitter bird is not among them, it should be in the main window under the "Add people to your contact list" heading.

If the Twitter bird does show in the connected to row below your name, verify that your Microsoft ID is communicating with Twitter. Click on the name of a contact you know from Twitter + another source. The Twitter bird should appear below their name.

If you have to reconnect to Twitter and you get duplicate contact records for some people, you can connect them here in the web browser rather than on your phone. Click on a contact name, then look for the Link Command in the title bar.

If these instructions are too elementary, I apologize. I try to not assume all users are familiar with these infrequently used tools.

Last edited:

Darren Kent 79

May 7, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. Twitter is checked on the phone, & I've tried show contacts with & without numbers, bit still nothing.
I logged into my outlook account as you said. Twitter is all there. I cleaned up the contacts & manually merged some. Still not showing on the phone though. Tried a soft reset too.

enduracell

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I ve also reset my phone to do Cyan and the twitter contacts doesn't show up on people hubs. I ve tried over 5 times removing twitter and again linking it back. Does anybody have a solution to this? (I m in version 8.1.1 (8.10.14157.200 lumia 920)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb