Battery Saver live tile not working.

anon8649069

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
Hi there,
I've read somewhere that when you pin battery saver tile to start screen then it flips (like storage sense tile) and gives you a glance of remaining battery.In my phone, it isn't live tile but storage sense tile is live one.I'm using WP 8.1 DP on L520.
Any help would be appreciated :)

Thanks.

Nerdy Woman

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
It's not flipping on my 920 either. I think this is just a static tile...

One thing I did notice... If you go into battery saver to the usage panel (where all your apps are listed), scroll down to battery saver and tap to open the app's settings. Curiously, the checkbox for allowing battery saver to run when battery saver is on is not checked by default (I've never changed that one). So does that mean if you're battery is low and requires battery saver to run to conserve remaining life, it won't run because it won't allow it? Seems illogical to me. I checked that box.

But my live tile is still dead.

BTW, with 8.1 and notification center, battery life is indicated in upper right corner. Just a quick swipe down to view. Might be more useful than using start screen space for battery saver tile.

anon8649069

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
It's not flipping on my 920 either. I think this is just a static tile...

BTW, with 8.1 and notification center, battery life is indicated in upper right corner. Just a quick swipe down to view. Might be more useful than using start screen space for battery saver tile.
I don't remember correctly but I think it was Daniel Rubino who said in his article (whats on your start screen) that battery tile is live one and it shows you remaining battery life and that's why he uses medium tile.

And I knew that notification centre shows battery percentage but I just wanted to know if there is a way to fix battery saver tile.
Thanks anyway :)

Malay Agarwal

Feb 3, 2014
Visit site
I guess it only show the icon as the battery decreases.
I mean the symbol i.e the battery icon is full when your mobile's battery is full i.e the battery icon is fully white and as the battery decreases the battery symbol becomes less white coloured
Hope u understood :D

Nerdy Woman

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
I mean the symbol i.e the battery icon is full when your mobile's battery is full i.e the battery icon is fully white and as the battery decreases the battery symbol becomes less white coloured

Ah ha! I found the article by Daniel Rubino: Background tasks removed in Windows Phone 8.1? Nope, but they have changed | Windows Phone Central

And I can see that the live tile icon replicates the information that is always displayed next to the clock in the upper right corner of my screen (as you said, Malay, the battery pic is partially filled). The notification center gives me the number (currently 69% and charging), so it seems this is really a useless way to use start screen space unless you want quick access to the battery saver app list...

anon8649069

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site

I've got you.It shows the live battery icon not the percentage.
Thank you very much.When some people said "battery saver live tile" then I thought it would show me percentage by flipping :p

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon