Music Player...really?

jtmo3

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
Is it me or is the media/music player in wp8 the biggest piece of junk on ANY smartphone? I load about 30Gb of my music on an sd card and want to play it. Even simple functions like sorting the music by disk are terrible. If you have a three disk album, instead of it sorting by disk 1, disk 2, etc., it sticks all the number 1 tracks together, then the number 2 and so on. You can't play by disk.

This is only one issue. There are a bunch. How can a company like microsoft put out such a piece of junk music player? Can anyone tell me if this and other issues are fixed in 8.1? For me, I use my 1520 as a phone and a third of my use is as a media player. This is just not cutting it. Same for xbox and mix radio. Obviously, this is an os issue. Please tell me it's fixed in 8.1.

Sorry for the rant, but this is just unreal for a company like Microsoft who wants to grow their market share. This will not do it.

chetan93

May 25, 2014
Visit site
My friend if you think the music player on wp8 sucks then you better not switch to wp8.1 ... Degrade the Xbox music on wp8 by a 100 times and that's how it is on 8.1 ...

jtmo3

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
You have to be kidding? I didn't think it was possible to get worse. There's not much that is good about the stock music players on 8, unless you want to stream, and even that isn't the greatest.

Are you serious that the music player on 8.1 is worse. If that's true, about one third of the reason to use wp is gone. There are some things I can deal with, but this isn't one of them.

Were the folks developing the music app part of the layoffs? :-( If not, maybe they should have been! For me, this is a deal breaker. Even my Blackberry music app on my z10 blows wp out of the water.

jtmo3

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
Heck yes you can. The player does it through then metadata. Seems wp ignores the metadata with the song and does whatever the heck it wants. Even windows 8 does not use basic things like album art in metadata. Its a basic function. If I want to play disk two of an album, its real easy on every other player I've used. On wp its not possible. How this music player was approved is unbelievable. Its really that bad.

cummy_bears

Jun 3, 2014
Visit site
Well see your music needs to match Microsoft's metadata for it to kinda work a little. Microsoft's library encompasses all music so you should use it. It'll change your metadata for you so you're welcome? (sarcasm). I'm tired of Xbox music. Updates have not improved it to a workable native music app. I got off apple's iTunes and switched to Zune because it was a better music ecosystem. I'm carrying my old windows 7.8 phone listening to music/podcasts and syncing with Zune, because it is that much better.

jtmo3

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
New to wp. I use my phone as a phone, data organizer and music player. I use to use an iPhone. Spent many hours organizing my music and getting all the metadata in order so this tags were correct. wp and windows basically ignore all that and do what they want. If it's truly true that the music player in 8.1 is no better or worse, ill have to move away from wp. I've been around long enough to know that Ms does things the way Ms wants and the customers need to adapt (and they wonder why their mobile phone is so ;little used). For them to want market share and release a consumer product with the absolute worst music player on any smartphone is flat out stupid.

jtmo3

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
And can I default to them. I mean if my music player is closed and my car connects, will one of these open and play or will the stock music player open and do what it wants?

docfreed

Apr 16, 2012
Visit site
OP hit the nail on the head - IMHO, one of the primary reasons Windows Phone has such an abysmal market share is the lack of a decent music player. I believe that lots of people use their smartphone as their primary media player - when comparing WP with the fruitphone, the fruitphone wins hands down. Just amazing that in 2014 the a$$who_e developers at Microsoft don't understand this and even more amazing that the morons who lead them don't either.

hotphil

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Again since I know a lot of you have 8.1, is the music app really no better? Is it truly worse?
Let's put it this way, I went and bought an iPod for music listening.
For me it's Ok though - if it doesn't start to work with the release of official 8.1 (providing that's before May 2015), my handset's going back for a refund as a "not fit for purpose" device.

MDMcAtee

Mar 30, 2014
Visit site
The music player is much worse on 8.1. and I have reverted back to 8.0 till my new phone comes in this week.
Regardless of what the fans of WP say,this giant phone with it's beautiful screen is hobbled by the os.

Sent from my RM-940_nam_att_200 using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss