Faint melody randomly sounds

Jonny702

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
I listen to music on my commute every day while also using a handful of various apps. I notice occasionally I can hear this faint melody like a tone coming from my phone playing under the music. It's not app specific and I can't find the tone in my ringtone settings. I use 8.1 developer preview on my Lumia 920. Anyone else notice this? I think the strangest part is that it plays under my music and it's not just the song.

Nerdy Woman

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
Some apps have a very faint notification sound. i.e, there's a barely audible tone when Words with Friends notifies me that it's my turn.

But you're saying this tone plays, yet there's nothing in the Notification Center afterward?

trwrt

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Do you have it plugged into a charger? Maybe there is a bad connection that goes in and out as the car shakes it and it's triggering the little charging tune.

Jonny702

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
That's right and it's not plugged in. It's the strangest thing. Nothing in notifications afterward. It's definitely made me curious. I'll investigate more and see what I can come up with

Jonny702

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
I've now been able to hear it more often. Without headphones or music playing. Last time was right after I sent a text and before that was while I was browsing the web. It's like a sound you'd expect I you were waiting for something to load. Dum de dumde dum I wish I could get a recording of it

Jonny702

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
Okay I finally discovered what the sound was. I believe the sound is related to NFC and I've heard it when a device taps another device. I can't for the life of me figure out why, in my case, it was going off randomly, but of course disabling NFC has made the sound stop

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes