OneDrive folders missing from Photo hub

vonkzilla

Jul 23, 2014
Visit site
Same issue, photos load in onedrive app but once im in my photos hub app they wont load from the ondrive albums although thumbnails are visible.

Can anyone post a link to report this to microsoft for all of us comment on>?

thanks

K_lando

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
Same issue, just now noticed it. Its not just Photo Hub, when I go to settings to change my tiles background, the same folders missing from the pictures hub no longer showing up. Yet if I use the Onedrive app, all folders are there.

Last edited:

K_lando

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
SOLUTION

Access Onedrive via web portal (PC)
I created a 2nd root folder I named Pictures B (you can name it whatever you want).
I then moved all my subfolders from the default 'Pictures' folder to the new 'Pictures B' folder.
Then I had to go through and change the properties of each and every subfolder, one at a time, to 'Pictures' type.

To be clear, all the properties/file types were already set to 'Pictures' when they were under the default Pictures folder, but moving the folders reset the properties to Documents. So it is indeed a bug to begin with, but one that is fixable.

After all done, I went back and deleted the original (and now empty) default Pictures folder... however, when you reload OneDrive, it auto-creates that default Pictures folder, so its always there.

Last edited:

morgaes

Jul 22, 2014
Visit site
I just did a hard reset and didn't update the OneDrive app and now the Photo hub integration works just fine. Is there any way to report this problem to MS other than leaving a review on the app?

Blackadder_100

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
I just did a hard reset and didn't update the OneDrive app and now the Photo hub integration works just fine. Is there any way to report this problem to MS other than leaving a review on the app?
Glad you are back on track! Don't know how to report this issue to MS, hopefully someone will respond with the answer.

AgentEXE

Jul 23, 2014
Visit site
SOLUTION

Access Onedrive via web portal (PC)
I created a 2nd root folder I named Pictures B (you can name it whatever you want).
I then moved all my subfolders from the default 'Pictures' folder to the new 'Pictures B' folder.
Then I had to go through and change the properties of each and every subfolder, one at a time, to 'Pictures' type.

To be clear, all the properties/file types were already set to 'Pictures' when they were under the default Pictures folder, but moving the folders reset the properties to Documents. So it is indeed a bug to begin with, but one that is fixable.

After all done, I went back and deleted the original (and now empty) default Pictures folder... however, when you reload OneDrive, it auto-creates that default Pictures folder, so its always there.

I tried this but it didn't work for me. I have the 1520 with WP 8.1 and OneDrive 4.2.0.0. Did you move your Pictures B content back to Pictures after OneDrive auto-created Pictures again?

JONA1970

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
Same problem here on Lumia 930 with WP8.1, Cyan and OneDrive 4.2.0.0
After that update I started to see a lot of "Resuming" and "Loading" after unlock the phone. I think it's related with this ondedrive update :(

AstroPop

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
Same issue 8.1 preview on Lumia 520, OneDrive picture folders don't show up when browsing photos in the photos app or when selecting a picture from OneDrive in other apps. In the OneDrive app they show up just fine. Weird.

AstroPop

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
Just to clarify all my folders show up just fine in the OneDrive app. But for example when choosing a wallpaper in settings I select OneDrive in the file picker and the default onedrive Photos folder just doesn't show up. A video folder I made myself does show up. It's just lumping the photos folder in with the rest of the normal document folders to be filtered out when choosing pictures for some reason.

k72

Jul 23, 2014
Visit site
I made a new folder "Pictures1" and moved all the photos there and made sure the properties were set to pictures. These showed up fine on my Lumia 635 in the Photos app. Then when the new "Pictures" folder automatically showed up again, I moved everything over there and then nothing showed up. I guess for now the only solution is to have an empty "Pictures" folder and save everything to a different folder.

AstroPop

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
I tweeted them about this, other people should let them know too to get their attention since this seems to be a common problem

Morgin Miyako

Nov 25, 2013
Visit site
I have this problem as well, but don't know when it first began. All of the subfolders were available when I first updated to 8.1 DP. I can only view pictures stored in my camera roll. Saved Pictures is shown but the pictures don't load. OneDrive Albums show none of the subfolders, but one shared album from the Root directory and oddly an empty folder created when I installed the game "OverVolt" is displayed.

The OneDrive app itself shows all of my content. Syncing my account or allowing OneDrive to run in the background hasn't made a difference. The main "OneDrive" album thumbnail has never shown a photo either. I've also noticed that downloading photos from OneDrive still reduces the quality and resizes photos.

I miss the old photo hub!

TheOzgun

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
Count me in. It tried hard resetting and it worked fine, until I updated OneDrive app. *headdesk*

I can't believe these guys break such a basic functionality, I feel like a guinea pig with every update.

Lumia 930

wheresmybeaver

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
+1 with this issue.

I store all my system wallpapers and archived photos in Onedrive and can no longer access them through the Photos hub (or any system app that utilises the hub) since the update last week. It's a pretty big bug to let through - I'm assuming MS are scrambling to get a fix and an update through since lots of people are updating to 8.1 this week and are going to think this is a limitation of the new update.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99