OneDrive automatic backup issue

Julek

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site
Hey Guys,

I have an issue with OneDrive and automatic backup, namely it doesn't always happen.

I have noticed that I have certain photos which seem to have been forgotten to be uploaded, though there is no specific pattern by which the system chooses not to back up.

I'm using the option "best quality via WiFi" and here's my question: Is there any time limit between taking a photo and connecting to a WiFi network that is required to make it work correctly?

I'm also experiencing another issue - the app keeps crushing whenever I want to upload more than 60 photos at once. I don't recall having this problem earlier.

I'm running the developer preview on L820.

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
Does it say anything as to why it isn't uploading some items? Just yesterday, some of my pictures weren't uploading saying "waiting for wifi" even though I was already connected. I just had to reselect the network again. Do you have something like that or a different issue?

I'm not too sure about the crashing issue I'm afraid. Most pictures I've had on automatic upload is around 40 and it worked fine. I just let it run in the background.

Julek

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site
Unfortunately, it doesn't say anything, so that is why I thought there might be some sort of time limitation within which you have to connect to a WiFI network.

Thanks for the reply:)

Posted via Windows Phone Central App

El Jinete

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
I have the same problem and am not sure why it doesn't work. I've noticed it before and suspect that when it joins a WiFi network it starts backing them up but then if the network is lost it fails but marks them as having been uploaded. I came to this site hoping to find a solution. Anyone else have any ideas? I know of work arounds (sync to desktop, backup to onedrive etc.) but this seems ridiculous and to sidestep of the point of just having this stuff work.

zaliste

Nov 23, 2013
Visit site
I've having the same issue, very frustrating. This only happens on my Lumia, my work iPhone works flawlessly with OneDrive automatic backup. Go figure right? I love MS services, but I feel like they are starting to ignore WP. I'm likely switching to an iPhone this month when the 6 rolls out. I will continue to use MS services though. Actually, this is a definite unless someone knows how to fix the automatic camera backup... Critical feature for me.

eMike

May 9, 2013
Visit site
It happened to me too. Automatic backup saved very few of my photos. I'm using the option "best quality via WiFi" as well.

ak0ska

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
I have the same issue. Certain photos, especially ones made on holidays are not backup up. I believe the reason is the dodgy wifi connection in hotels and restaurants, and as someone sad, the phone might believe it backed up the photos, but in fact it did not.
I also came looking for a solution and I'm sad but not surprised to find none. This problem and the lack of a solution seems extremely ridiculous.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb