How to wirelessly project my screen to Windows 8 from WP 8.1?

erfanullah

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I have recently received the Cyan update on my Lumia 1520 which adds wireless Miracast support. I want to project my screen to a Windows 8 PC. Is this possible? Is there anyway I can project to Windows Media Player like we do with Nokia Play To?

I have already tried Project My Screen app but it required USB connection.

Thanks

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
I did a quick check. It would appear Miracast is a one direction communication. From sending to receiving. PCs are senders only as far as I am able to determine. Unless there's a receiving dongle available for PCs, I didn't look into it that far.

foxbat121

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
As far as I know, there is no PCs out there that contains a Miracast receiver on it. So, what you ask is not possible right now.

Of course, there are Miracast adapters out there which receives Miracast signal and converts to HDMI video output. This is intended to be used with an HDTV. If your PC takes a HDMI input (which typically possible on desktop PC monitors), you can do this way. But don't expect it to be combined with PC itself.

You probably be better served (and cheaper too) with a USB cable to project phone screen to any PC.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05