Battery life - WP8 vs 8.1

Rasmus Klingenberg

Jul 13, 2014
Visit site
I recently downgraded to WP8 for a couple of days, in which I experienced extremely solid battery life. I literally went 3-4 days on one charge.

However since i've again upgraded to 8.1 dp, battery life has been much worse, comparatively. With 8.0 battery in standby usually drained at 0.6%/hour, whereas with 8.1 I canNOT get under 2% regardless of what I do.

Does anyone know a fix to this?

Rasmus Klingenberg

Jul 13, 2014
Visit site
I know a solution: deal with it.

Edit 1: actually I don't know. I was always getting 2 days max on my 1520, but I'm using it a lot.

Word flow and action center are worth a lot, no doubt. However "deal with it" is one of the reasons I went from android to WP. Not having to customize my phone with roms and micromanage battery consumption to get a good experience.

I'm not even talking about regular use, but 25% drain in one day with NO use is frustrating. No difference when turning on battery saver.

Silviu Bogusevschi

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
Word flow and action center are worth a lot, no doubt. However "deal with it" is one of the reasons I went from android to WP. Not having to customize my phone with roms and micromanage battery consumption to get a good experience.

I'm not even talking about regular use, but 25% drain in one day with NO use is frustrating. No difference when turning on battery saver.

Oh really? Even for the 1520, 25% a day is INCREDIBLY awesome performance (4 days on one charge, are you kidding me?). What phone do you have, sir?

Oh yeah, I forgot to ask, how much time could you use your Android on one charge? I doubt it was 25% a day even with no use lol.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs