Panorama Feature Ever Going to Upgraded?

KCandSunshine13

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
I really like my 928; however, what is the deal with the Nokia Panorama feature? I own a beach house and would like to take some panoramas of the surf but:
1.) it is difficult to line up the circles,
2.) it always feels like instead of moving horizontal left-to-right, I feel like the software has me moving upward as I scan towards the right
3.) which (IMHO) leads to bulges or image distortions in the panorama picture.
As great as the phone is at taking pictures, the panorama feature is a huge letdown.

To the Moderators - have you (or anyone else) heard of any impending upgrades to the Panorama?
Thank you,

qwertyaa

Banned
Feb 22, 2014
Visit site
This is really big problem when taking panoramas. I've tried Galaxy S4 and it's doing the best panoramas. It's super easy, fast and there is no chance to make a mistake. I Hope Nokia to fix this as fast as possible.

Blacklac

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
Weird, I had issue with the images blending a while ago, but its worked well for me for a few months. My only real issue is how soft they look compared to standard images and I can't seem to go beyond 3 images even though the App appears to line up a 4th and so on.

KCandSunshine13

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
I tried Photosynth; correct me if I am wrong but don't you have to take a series of pictures, select the ones you wish to stitch together and then wait... wait... and wait some more? I am hopeful that Nokia/Microsoft will come up with something as simple the panorama feature on my wife's fruity phone so I can shoot on the fly. I don't want to have to stop, sit down, select and yadda-yadda...

Greywolf1967

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
I tried Photosynth; correct me if I am wrong but don't you have to take a series of pictures, select the ones you wish to stitch together and then wait... wait... and wait some more? I am hopeful that Nokia/Microsoft will come up with something as simple the panorama feature on my wife's fruity phone so I can shoot on the fly. I don't want to have to stop, sit down, select and yadda-yadda...

You do not have to pick anything.

When I did the shot of the riverside park flower clock, all I had to pick was the spot I would stand on.

When you open Photosynth it should land on the screen that says tap to start ( Capture pictures).

You hold the phone and turn, You will see color borders. Red for areas not yet captured. Move semi slow in a 360, or until you are happy with everything captured.

The app guides you, and will select all pictures and stitch them ( without user input), The stitching process can take a little time, but you as the user only need to wait.

The sample shot I linked to took under 5 min's total time, the bulk of the time was for getting the shot.

I do believe there is a way to use a point and shoot with Photosynth, but that is on the web site, not the App.

If you sign in on the app you pics will also be backed up on the site ( being it is a Microsoft company, it's a safe sign in).

All I can say is try....maybe it's your cup of Tea.....maybe not. I will however suggest rather then guess what the process is and how it works...try an app then judge.

Now I will also say you can do Panorama to full 360 with Photosynth, it's up to you how many pics are taken, your in full control......so go try the app, have some fun, and take a shot you may end up using as a wall paper on your PC :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)