WP 8.1 update for Verizon Wireless

gknight5408

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
When is it going to be released to Verizon users? I have asked many Verizon support agents and they all "Have no idea ".. Nobody at Verizon will give me answers so I'm hoping that you guys can help me out here and at least give me a little more info on when it could be released to customers. Please help

Posted via Windows Phone Central App

David P2

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
Unfortunately the "piece of string" theory applies.

"How long is a piece of string?"
"Depends."

We are as much in the dark as you are with our respective phones and carriers unfortunately - unless they disclose the info themselves we won't find out. I've got a sim free 620, with no carrier to worry about and the best Nokia can say is "keep checking the site".

Some are good and make an official announcement - others just don't seem to be bothering yet. It's just a waiting game now.

gknight5408

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
This is what I get with Verizon support.... :mad:
And yes my profile pic is corn.... Don't ask.... Lol

Posted via Windows Phone Central App

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-07-24-18-31-27.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-07-24-18-31-27.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 14

stephen_az

Banned
Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
I'm surprised the rep appears to know what Windows Phone is... As is the norm, their response isn't very helpful.

I had very positive conversations about WP8 and particularly WP8.1 with VZW people in company stores in both Tempe and Scottsdale, AZ. When the Scottsdale store screwed up my account and had to get corporate support online to resolve, I was there long enough to note ALL of the staff were fully versed in WP8 and the person helping me had a 928 running the 8.1 DP. In fact, he pointed out that he had one running the DP (like me) and thought it took the platform to another level. I really wish people would just drop the blanket statements which often speak as much of user inferiority complexes as actual VZW practice. They serve no one well in the end.

stephen_az

Banned
Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
Unfortunately they can't answer the question because they don't know. VZW is a very hierarchical organization that does not disseminate much of anything down. You will also only get speculation here since no one has the information either. We all just have to wait for it to post. As it is though, contrary to some comments around here, VZW has not been slow at all in pushing updates to Lumia users and cyan is even in testing for the old 822.

anon(123856)

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
I had very positive conversations about WP8 and particularly WP8.1 with VZW people in company stores in both Tempe and Scottsdale, AZ. When the Scottsdale store screwed up my account and had to get corporate support online to resolve, I was there long enough to note ALL of the staff were fully versed in WP8 and the person helping me had a 928 running the 8.1 DP. In fact, he pointed out that he had one running the DP (like me) and thought it took the platform to another level. I really wish people would just drop the blanket statements which often speak as much of user inferiority complexes as actual VZW practice. They serve no one well in the end.
Where I live the corparate stores don't even have Windows phone kiosks. I'm glad you have had a good experience, but as far as I'm concerned, the only reason I'm with Verizon is because their coverage sucks less than the other carriers. And why is YOUR blanket statement more valid that mine? You've had a good experience and I haven't. So please cut the inferiority complex crap. I'm very happy with my phone and have no regrets.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb