Sooo, Cortana UK in less than one week?

NHUK

Apr 3, 2014
Visit site
After the, frankly bizarre, announcement that Cortana will hit the UK in "less than two weeks"who w wants to bet that an "unforeseen circumstance" does come up (that MS may our may not tell us about). I cannot think of a single commercial organisation that would seriously announce an imminent product release without providing an actual date, but rather a rough timeframe. Seriously MS, you must have an actual day /date planned, so why not tell the rest of us?

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
After the, frankly bizarre, announcement that Cortana will hit the UK in "less than two weeks"who w wants to bet that an "unforeseen circumstance" does come up (that MS may our may not tell us about). I cannot think of a single commercial organisation that would seriously announce an imminent product release without providing an actual date, but rather a rough timeframe. Seriously MS, you must have an actual day /date planned, so why not tell the rest of us?

It's probably because they have a good estimate and tell us that, but can't give an exact date or time lest people scream at them on that date.

I doubt they're the only ones to do it. HP used the term "coming months" if I recall correctly.

EDIT: wait, comparing to bumbling HP isn't a great analogy.

Bobvfr

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
Well it don't matter as Vodafone haven't released the 8.1 update yet so no point them releasing Cortana until I can get my hands on it :unhappy:

Bob

bozvandam

Jun 29, 2013
Visit site
I cannot think of a single commercial organisation that would seriously announce an imminent product release without providing an actual date, but rather a rough timeframe. ?

*cough*Blackberry*cough* (in fact, with the Playbook debacle, not only was there no timeframe, from quite early on there was no product but they just kept on with the "soon".)

NHUK

Apr 3, 2014
Visit site
*cough*Blackberry*cough* (in fact, with the Playbook debacle, not only was there no timeframe, from quite early on there was no product but they just kept on with the "soon".)

Good point, and look how well that product did in the end - i hope Microsoft are taking notes.....

NHUK

Apr 3, 2014
Visit site
Well it don't matter as Vodafone haven't released the 8.1 update yet so no point them releasing Cortana until I can get my hands on it :unhappy:

Bob

I am lucky enough to have a Lumia 630 (needed a dual sim phone) so I already have 8.1 and cyan, I just need them to switch Cortana on for UK....

Rick Crew

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

Bob

Vodafone UK have released the 8.1 update and Cyan for the Lumia 925, so other models shouldn't be far away.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes