After the, frankly bizarre, announcement that Cortana will hit the UK in "less than two weeks"who w wants to bet that an "unforeseen circumstance" does come up (that MS may our may not tell us about). I cannot think of a single commercial organisation that would seriously announce an imminent product release without providing an actual date, but rather a rough timeframe. Seriously MS, you must have an actual day /date planned, so why not tell the rest of us?
    hotphil likes this.
    07-24-2014 07:29 PM
    After the, frankly bizarre, announcement that Cortana will hit the UK in "less than two weeks"who w wants to bet that an "unforeseen circumstance" does come up (that MS may our may not tell us about). I cannot think of a single commercial organisation that would seriously announce an imminent product release without providing an actual date, but rather a rough timeframe. Seriously MS, you must have an actual day /date planned, so why not tell the rest of us?
    It's probably because they have a good estimate and tell us that, but can't give an exact date or time lest people scream at them on that date.

I doubt they're the only ones to do it. HP used the term "coming months" if I recall correctly.

EDIT: wait, comparing to bumbling HP isn't a great analogy.
    07-24-2014 07:38 PM
    5 days maximum left, it would seem.....
    07-28-2014 01:27 AM
    Well it don't matter as Vodafone haven't released the 8.1 update yet so no point them releasing Cortana until I can get my hands on it

Bob
    07-28-2014 01:35 AM
    I cannot think of a single commercial organisation that would seriously announce an imminent product release without providing an actual date, but rather a rough timeframe. ?
    *cough*Blackberry*cough* (in fact, with the Playbook debacle, not only was there no timeframe, from quite early on there was no product but they just kept on with the "soon".)
    07-28-2014 01:56 AM
    *cough*Blackberry*cough* (in fact, with the Playbook debacle, not only was there no timeframe, from quite early on there was no product but they just kept on with the "soon".)
    Good point, and look how well that product did in the end - i hope Microsoft are taking notes.....
    bozvandam likes this.
    07-28-2014 03:34 AM
    Well it don't matter as Vodafone haven't released the 8.1 update yet so no point them releasing Cortana until I can get my hands on it

Bob
    I am lucky enough to have a Lumia 630 (needed a dual sim phone) so I already have 8.1 and cyan, I just need them to switch Cortana on for UK....
    07-28-2014 03:36 AM

Bob
    Vodafone UK have released the 8.1 update and Cyan for the Lumia 925, so other models shouldn't be far away.
    07-28-2014 03:52 AM