Windows Phone 8.1 Cyan update

courtneyg2013

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
What the actual F***???????? Where is this update. Is it actually being rolled. My girlfriend got it on her unlocked 625 earlier doors, with DP installed. Yet 2 weeks later i'm still waiting for it on my NL1020.

Rant over, just needed to get that out.

courtneyg2013

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
You're giving this company too much credit, they are a billion dollar company, they need to get a move on it's not like they have great market share. The worst thing is, they haven't actually created anything ground breaking. And i'm not even just referring to the DP, the update is not even available for the 1020.

AnestisL820

Jun 3, 2014
Visit site
It seems they actually care that much to fix the existing issue first before starting the rollout for the DP users again. Jesus Christ.
I will have to disagree again... From April until now there have been three months so they could fix almost anything and except that there was a pre rollout of the update to a few devices in some Countries... Why didn't they notice the problem with the bitlocker then and they found out in the "Official" release?? It is not that it's a small company with a few employes...

svknet

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Having worked with MS product for testing, I have seen some silly but critical issues present in MS releases, which could have fixed before release. So I am not surprised by WP8.1/Cyan release issues which most people are facing. More patience is needed :D

ambeatz

Jul 12, 2014
Visit site
Well thats the service we get from a billion dollar company lol its a shame and im still waiting for this update if it rolls out in November for my 520 wow im gonna start considering other platforms when my phone breaks but for now im loving BBM on WP8 lol

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Apple and Google are billion dollar companies as well, yet they discover many issues on global rollouts too. Which in regards to Apple is even more suprising than with Microsoft or Google, since their software run on their very own hardware, which has a very limited set of components to choose from, unlike companies like Microsoft and Google whose software have to work on all kinds of different hardware specifications.

I'm not an insider, but considering the fact that the issue only appeared for those who have their devices enrolled in a company envorinment and only in combination with updating from WP 8.1 DP Black to WP 8.1 official Cyan, it most likely is a change in certain parts of the firmware. Hence it couldn't be discovered before the rollout, since 8.1 DP ran on Black.

Seriously, guys.. All this "Mimimi, I don't get the update right now" whining is overly exaggerated behavior. Do yourself a favor and read through some forums to see that issues like that are common on BBs, Androids and iPhones too. It's absolutely usual to see more and more bugs popup the more people use something in comparison to limited beta testing stages.
Not to mention that it was your very own choice to participate in the 8.1 Developer Preview. It was clearly labeled as beta and you cannot expect a beta to run fluid, stable and without any issues at all. That's why it's called a beta. And it has the name "developer preview" for a reason.

If you desperately want the update now, roll back to 8.0, which is an easy task and get your update. Doesn't apply for the 1020 though, since it's not yet available afaik. But this again is something you can barely hold Microsoft responsible for.

courtneyg2013

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
Apple and Google are billion dollar companies as well, yet they discover many issues on global rollouts too. Which in regards to Apple is even more suprising than with Microsoft or Google, since their software run on their very own hardware, which has a very limited set of components to choose from, unlike companies like Microsoft and Google whose software have to work on all kinds of different hardware specifications.

I'm not an insider, but considering the fact that the issue only appeared for those who have their devices enrolled in a company envorinment and only in combination with updating from WP 8.1 DP Black to WP 8.1 official Cyan, it most likely is a change in certain parts of the firmware. Hence it couldn't be discovered before the rollout, since 8.1 DP ran on Black.

Seriously, guys.. All this "Mimimi, I don't get the update right now" whining is overly exaggerated behavior. Do yourself a favor and read through some forums to see that issues like that are common on BBs, Androids and iPhones too. It's absolutely usual to see more and more bugs popup the more people use something in comparison to limited beta testing stages.
Not to mention that it was your very own choice to participate in the 8.1 Developer Preview. It was clearly labeled as beta and you cannot expect a beta to run fluid, stable and without any issues at all. That's why it's called a beta. And it has the name "developer preview" for a reason.

If you desperately want the update now, roll back to 8.0, which is an easy task and get your update. Doesn't apply for the 1020 though, since it's not yet available afaik. But this again is something you can barely hold Microsoft responsible for.

Yes I'm not just talking about in regards to the DP. It's not even available for a lot of WP8 devices. Namely the 1020 a so called flagship device, although going on how Nokia operate they dump flagship devices pretty quickly. Anyway I'm saying is instead of gaining new users they'll be losing a lot with their procrastinating. Like a mentioned before Nokia, don't seem to really be innovating anymore so how are they to lure users from other platforms. I love my 1020 and am always selling it's good points to friends and family but it does have it's flaws, i.e.the camera is slow as hell to launch. I'm sure Microsoft/Nokia will come good soon, I just worry that by that time it's too late.

aximtreo

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
You poor babies. Most of you are under 30 and a part of the entitlement generation. You want everything for free and you want it now. It's so entertaining to read some of your comments.

Just be patient. If you can't do that, give Hemroid and IOS a go. See if they are any better.

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
You poor babies. Most of you are under 30 and a part of the entitlement generation. You want everything for free and you want it now. It's so entertaining to read some of your comments.

Just be patient. If you can't do that, give Hemroid and IOS a go. See if they are any better.

​Couldn't have been said any better.

antiochian2010

May 11, 2013
Visit site

We do NOT!!!! Waaaaah!! Waaaaah!!! 😷

🙈🙉🙊

opusthecat

Jul 13, 2014
Visit site
Mine didn't show up either until I went into the settings and manually pushed the button to check for updates. It searched and found it, problem solved! BTW, 8.1 RULES!

Amunarjoh

Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
Having worked with MS product for testing, I have seen some silly but critical issues present in MS releases, which could have fixed before release. So I am not surprised by WP8.1/Cyan release issues which most people are facing. More patience is needed :D

Sorry, but you're wrong. Windows Phone is in a critical phase, and need to put in more effort!
OK, Microsoft! Get this; Your future revenue is depending on what reputation you create for yourself today. As per now, Your reputation is shot possibly due to slow response in the Chain of quality assurement. That's where you need to put the effort today. It won't even cost you that much money.
At this moment, you have developed a great Product, but at the end of the (Production)line there are no one to push it to the market. You've stalled at the borders.

I hope you sort this out sooner, rather than later. If not, you have seen me visiting and moving on to other markets.

chezm

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
Just released Cyan on 1020 here in Canada, but need to revert back to 8 (running 8.1 DP)...now thats annoying. may consider it this weekend, just cause my phones been eating battery and im hoping cyan fixes the issues.

Al4video

Jun 8, 2014
Visit site
Just released Cyan on 1020 here in Canada, but need to revert back to 8 (running 8.1 DP)...now thats annoying. may consider it this weekend, just cause my phones been eating battery and im hoping cyan fixes the issues.

Reverting back to 8.0 couldn't be easier.

Skamath

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
If Silly issue then it cant be critical and if it is critical it cant be silly can it?

If only they could get that patience for free and right now. ;) lol if not they will have to pay for the Hemorrhoid

Mine didn't show up either until I went into the settings and manually pushed the button to check for updates. It searched and found it, problem solved! BTW, 8.1 RULES!

Surely it wasnt on the 1020 was it? If yes dont tell the OP he might rip his hair or what is left of it off his scalp.:winktongue:

Another Hoax? Just curious. Are there any RM-875 in CANADA? product code would be appreciated

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12