Phone "resuming" before going to lockscreen

GusterBuster

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
As the title suggests. Every time I try to press the power button to unlock the phone, it shows "resuming" screen for about 2-3 seconds before showing the lock screen. It also happens with double tap to wake. This happened after uninstalling the beta app for the Live Lock screen. But I'm not sure if it is the root cause of the issue. It's freaking annoying. My phone is 820 :angry:

Anyone who also have this issue?

GusterBuster

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
OoopsI think I solved the issue. I just changed my background options to bing from photos and the "resuming" bug is gone. Maybe it really is the Live Lockscreen beta after all. But I think it's my fault since I did not change the background options from photos before uninstalling it.

Jude Fernando

Jul 13, 2013
Visit site
hey there, I had the same Issue on my 920, and literally just did a full reset on it. is a real PAIN, but it solved the resuming issue. and yes it came after uninstalling the live lock screen app! Cheers

Alok sudhakar

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
Hi ,

I had the same issue with my Lumia 920. Yes, it occurred after uninstalling Live Lockscreen Beta.!
What I did is just changed from photos to Bing (as mentioned by Gusterbuster) and then again changed into photo (customized the same photo I had previously). And it is perfect now.! :)

Note: Do not hard reset unnecessarily :)

scgf

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
Thank you! It was doing my head in, trying to work out why 'resuming . . .' appeared after startup. Sorted!

Eric J F

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
Thanks so much for figuring out the fix. I had the 'resuming' problem on my HTC 8X and wasn't impressed with the app so uninstalled it. This thread saved me a factory reset, too!

Kins69

Mar 19, 2013
Visit site
I had the same issue after removing the app.... wish I had read that thread before doing a hard-reset and losing all the settings of all the apps (what's the point of the backup... only keep your start screen's icons at the same place?)

Big WP supporter since a few years, patient and all, but that patience is going to end soon I'm afraid :(

Kins69

Mar 19, 2013
Visit site
Don't install beta software if you don't want to deal with the bugs that go with them, sheesh!
My exasperation with respect to WP is not related to this particular beta version, but to the fact that after a reset and reinstalling the so called "back up" of all apps, it appeared that nothing was actually backed up except my start screen layout...

Slater_GS

May 14, 2013
Visit site
Thank you for this solution.
Love the lockscreen app, but had too many issues with it not displaying clock/notifications when turning on the screen, changing to the default lockscreen image and back, or causing generally instability.
Will enjoy it when the bugs are worked out, but for now I will wait and be happy it is resuming properly again!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6