Nokia Software Recovery and Mac

eddieolong

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Hello. I'm trying to roll back to WP8 to get the Cyan update but I only have access to a Mac. I can't download the Nokia Software Recovery Tool because of this and I can't seem to find any information on how to work around it. I've tried Nokia Suite and the Retail Tool but nothing works. Any advice?

David P2

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
Hello. I'm trying to roll back to WP8 to get the Cyan update but I only have access to a Mac. I can't download the Nokia Software Recovery Tool because of this and I can't seem to find any information on how to work around it. I've tried Nokia Suite and the Retail Tool but nothing works. Any advice?

Bootcamp could be an option if you can set it up - it lets an Intel Mac dual boot to Windows.

eddieolong

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
As ridiculous as is it that I can't run this on a Mac, I literally don't know anyone with a PC. Even at work they're locked down. I got a Macbook Pro as a gift and want to install Windows eventually but this blows.

David P2

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
As ridiculous as is it that I can't run this on a Mac, I literally don't know anyone with a PC. Even at work they're locked down. I got a Macbook Pro as a gift and want to install Windows eventually but this blows.

I may have a solution for you... Get registered on Microsoft TechNet or Developer Network - you can download a trial version (totally free and usable) of Windows 8 Enterprise edition.

Pain in the **** I know but that's the only way I can think of you can legally get a free copy of Windows to get you sorted out. I think it lasts something like 60 days but you can re-arm it 3 times in total. Should tide you over until you can acquire a legit copy of 7 or something from an authorised retailer.

Guzzler3

May 4, 2012
Visit site
OK, this is going into a grey area. But... if you can "find" a copy of Windows 8. There are generic keys that have a limited life (used to get the OS installed, but then you activate with valid key after the install). If you can "find" one of those images, it would get you by to install on your Mac, then install the Nokia Software Recovery and recovery your phone. Then blow up the install.

David P2

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
OK, this is going into a grey area. But... if you can "find" a copy of Windows 8. There are generic keys that have a limited life (used to get the OS installed, but then you activate with valid key after the install). If you can "find" one of those images, it would get you by to install on your Mac, then install the Nokia Software Recovery and recovery your phone. Then blow up the install.

Hence my suggestion of the trial one. It's full, access to it is free and it's legitimate. The only limitation is the number of days you can use it before it stops working.

kivancio

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
How come you dont know anyone with PC, actually its very funny :D also, how can you manage to survive without bootcamp ? Macs literally can not to anything well. No apps (especially related to productivity), no games, degraded performance due to some UNIX blah blah. By the way, i own an iMac (13.1) which runs mac os x 10.10 yosemite & Windows 8.1 Pro

lcw731

May 29, 2012
Visit site
How come you dont know anyone with PC, actually its very funny :D also, how can you manage to survive without bootcamp ? Macs literally can not to anything well. No apps (especially related to productivity), no games, degraded performance due to some UNIX blah blah. By the way, i own an iMac (13.1) which runs mac os x 10.10 yosemite & Windows 8.1 Pro

I thought Macs were the greatest thing ever to happen In the Computer world, You know Stop c sending train with a mouse Click, Vaporize building wipe out all diseases and illness know to man kind. They create harmony and Balance in the Universe, the are the foundation for lasting word Peace. Or is_it Whirled Pea's I get those Mixed up.

vitorrloureiro

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site

Actually you are talking ****. I'm a musician and I work with audio recording and mixing too. Since I got mac and logic pro my life got a lot easier and more reliable. Oh, and before you start, I own an windows phone and always used windows to do all kinds of things. Gaming, working, recording, and more. Macs doesn't have the driver problem windows has and that's enough benefict

David P2

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
Actually you are talking ****. I'm a musician and I work with audio recording and mixing too. Since I got mac and logic pro my life got a lot easier and more reliable. Oh, and before you start, I own an windows phone and always used windows to do all kinds of things. Gaming, working, recording, and more. Macs doesn't have the driver problem windows has and that's enough benefict

Don't forget the whole DTP revolution - that probably wouldn't have happened without a Mac. Most graphic design places uses Macs as well. :smile:

kivancio

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site

You can do anything in Windows that Mac is capable of.

You can not do everything in Mac that Windows is capable of.

Thats the point. Even, Mac production lines use Windows PCs.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05