Windows Phone 8.1 GDR1 Features for OEMs

salmanahmad

Banned
May 12, 2014
Visit site
I hope improved multitasking and better performance is on the list soon. Would really like to see less of that annoying "resuming" dialogue.
Sent from my RM-914_im_mea3_380 using Tapatalk

Studio384

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
I hope improved multitasking and better performance is on the list soon. Would really like to see less of that annoying "resuming" dialogue.
Sent from my RM-914_im_mea3_380 using Tapatalk
I doubt "Performance improvements" will ever be on the feature list, as this is something they will always try to do.

Pete The Penguin

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
One feature I would like to see is improvement on multi tasking, both on the toast and notification center, it would be good to have interactive toast were, maybe someone sends you a whatsapp message then tapping on the toast will just bring out a window to reply to the message without leaving the current app you're running, this can also be extended to other apps on the OS, then if you miss the toast, then you can just draw down the notification center and also achieve the same aim
BlackBerry 10 has that, it's called Instant Preview and you can reply to a text, BBM etc. from the notification shade (as well as the lock screen, if you enable lock screen notifications).

HelloLudger

Jul 5, 2014
Visit site
I heard something about a new max screen size of 7".

While I would never consider such a beast as phone (I think the 1520 is already hard at the limit, maybe beyond), and never would buy such a device before Windows Phone 9, I think the HID Bluetooth protocol should be supported.

My next device combination will be a 12-13" Core-M convertible in combination with an 5-6" Lumia.

I would love to use the phone as full PC replacement for short weekend trips, but that is only possible if I can connect a Bluetooth keyboard.

Hopefully at least Threshold will give us this option.

JediTWang

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
I heard something about a new max screen size of 7". While I would never consider such a beast as phone (I think the 1520 is already hard at the limit, maybe beyond),

Latest speculation is that it's for ODM's who wish to make tablets not phones using WP (I know).
A solid rationale was outlined, can't find it right now...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077