Simple question - Has anybody upgraded from WP8.1 DP without Bitlocker to official Lumia Cyan?

svknet

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
There are so many threads on this topic, which are just running into long discussion about various policies by MS (and Apple and Google) regarding upgrading from Developer Preview to "Official" WP8.1 with Lumia Cyan.
So I wanted to ask simple question, and expect reply from those (Lumia 625, Lumia 925 owners without Bitlocker) who may have upgraded to Lumia Cyan, that whether they were able to upgrade from WP8.1 DP to Lumia Cyan.

Thanks in advance :)

Mohamed Ashid

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
My cousin has a Lumia 625( without bitlocker ) on developer preview. He had to downgrade to black as he was not getting the update. Then he upgraded to cyan.

yokyto

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
My 925 was on PD build ...895 and I got Cyan. But it was before MS has frozen Cyan connected with DP. Now I have official Cyan and 8.1 build.... 890 on my 925. Next two L720 are running on PD ...build 895 and there are still waiting for official Cyan. However all phones are running OK without any problem. On my 925 I have tested all possible combination with and without PD including flash of official 8.1 Finland and I didn't encountered any troubles.

svknet

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Thanks Mohamed and Yokyto for replies.
So earlier WP8.1 DP to Lumia Cyan was possible, but now MS has blocked update from DP to Cyan. Is that official statement we all can assume?

Tafsern

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Thanks Mohamed and Yokyto for replies.
So earlier WP8.1 DP to Lumia Cyan was possible, but now MS has blocked update from DP to Cyan. Is that official statement we all can assume?

That's how it is right now. But if you're not in a hurry and need the Cyan right away, a fix for it is probably under it's way.

ramyZgHR

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
I upgraded my 925 from 8.1DP to Cyan without any problems the same day it came avilable in Croatia (about one week ago or so).

svknet

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
That's how it is right now. But if you're not in a hurry and need the Cyan right away, a fix for it is probably under it's way.

Thanks. I am not in hurry, and as I own Lumia 620 with WP8.1 DP, so I think by time MS/Nokia provides Cyan update for Lumia 620, fix could also arrive :D

naveenow

Banned
May 29, 2014
Visit site
There are so many threads on this topic, which are just running into long discussion about various policies by MS (and Apple and Google) regarding upgrading from Developer Preview to "Official" WP8.1 with Lumia Cyan.
So I wanted to ask simple question, and expect reply from those (Lumia 625, Lumia 925 owners without Bitlocker) who may have upgraded to Lumia Cyan, that whether they were able to upgrade from WP8.1 DP to Lumia Cyan.

Thanks in advance :)

I got Lumia Cyan in my Lumia 925 India with DP previously installed. I got the update before Microsoft stopped Lumia cyan update for DP devices. Doesn't experienced any bit locker issues or other issues after the update. Not downgraded to wp8. Still on DP OS version with Lumia Cyan

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster