8.1 DP and Glance Screen

VSparxx

Nov 30, 2011
Visit site
Hi all,

So i have a problem with my phone ( Lumia 920 RM-821) freezing during charging, it all began after i updated to 8.1 Dev. Preview.
This is what it looks like, all day the phone is working like it should, then in the evening i put my phone to charge on it's wireless plate , after some time i come to check if there aren't any calls or something else and the display may turn on, or may not, if it's not turning on then i already know it hanged so i soft reset it, after resetting it works again without a hiccup.
I tried 2 hard resets, one when i updated the first time to 8.1 DP and the second one a few weeks back, nothing helped.
I contacted various support teams from Microsoft, they basically told me to do things i already did, so this was a no go.
I tried to charge via USB cable ( included in the box ), it had the same behaviour as with the plate.
So i then started to disable various functions and basically i discovered that with Glnce Screen disabled it charges normally without the freezing issue.

So if there is anyoane experiencing this issue, let's spread the word so Microsoft knows about it.

VSparxx

Nov 30, 2011
Visit site
So, until now... nobody cares, i contacted different MS support teams, Nokia Care and wrote on MS developer forums, nothing...

scallawag

Jul 29, 2014
Visit site
I don't think no-one cares I think you did what you could and most likely helped some folks. I thought your post was informative and not in need of an answer. If I saw someone with that problem I would pass the word. Thank You.

So until now ... nothing. What did you expect. But really thank you people like you help people and never know it every day.

VSparxx

Nov 30, 2011
Visit site
Update

Thanks for the appreciation, hope this post indeed helps someone in trouble :)

A quick update here, so after much mailing and writing/testing/explaining with an MS representative from support they finally mailed me a few days back and told me that the team has hopefully found the culprit of this behavior and made the corresponding corrections, and i can update my handset and see if the behavior is the same or not.
I am now on Cyan firmware with WP 8.1.1 Dev. Preview and with all features enabled the phone isn't hanging anymore, after one week of testing.
Hopefully this will remain this way :)

Update: After one week and a few days of normal behavior, last night it froze again during charging, so Cyan did not resolve the issue nor did Update 1 for 8.1.
I contacted MS support team again, as they were waiting for my feedback on this issue, let's hope they finally resolve this major problem, as on Nokia's discussions forum there are a lot of reports with this same behavior, and for all it started with WP 8.1 ( dev previe or stable ). So don't think there is something wrong with firmware ( Lumia Cyan) as on Black and WP 8.0 GDR3 it was rock stable for all, started only after WP 8.1

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leviwilkersion