When will the update 1 be released for us rocking cyan/8.1?

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Get your device enrolled in developer preview program and your device will get the update next week regardless of cyan firmware update :). In other words anyone who is running windows phone 8.1OS update can get GDR1 update via developer preview.

Christopher Lindsay

May 8, 2014
Visit site
No you wont, you can later install cyan by rolling back to wp8 using software recovery tool. Install dp again and get the latest WP 8.1 U1 , or wait for MS to fix the bitlocker issue and get cyan on top of 8.1 update 1. :)

I like getting stuff now but dp doesn't have the features of 8.1 already. It's weird their getting update 1 first without the full features of 8.1 cyan.

Blacklac

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
No you wont, you can later install cyan by rolling back to wp8 using software recovery tool. Install dp again and get the latest WP 8.1 U1 , or wait for MS to fix the bitlocker issue and get cyan on top of 8.1 update 1. :)

I think you are a little confused. Update 1 will not change anything about the firmware (Cyan). If you have Cyan and you install Update 1, you will still have Cyan Firmware with OS 8.1 Update 1 along side.

Edit: It sounds like you're assuming he didn't have Cyan. That makes more sense. He just didn't say he did or didn't.

Akhilesh Bhambhani

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site
I think you are a little confused. Update 1 will not change anything about the firmware (Cyan). If you have Cyan and you install Update 1, you will still have Cyan Firmware with OS 8.1 Update 1 along side.

Edit: It sounds like you're assuming he didn't have Cyan. That makes more sense. He just didn't say he did or didn't.

Yea I was :)

Akhilesh Bhambhani

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site
I had DP but then I downgraded to 8 and upgraded to 8.1/cyan. I have 8.1/cyan right now. If I go back to DP just to get update 1 I'll lose cyan?

Let me put it in simpler terms
Firmware is nothing but flashing al the necessary drivers, they are not a part of the OS update in developer preview, they are provided by the OEMs drivers do enable a a few features and improve performance and help OS take advantage of new features.
You wont lose cyan as it has already been flashed and comes separately for people using developer preview.

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
I had DP but then I downgraded to 8 and upgraded to 8.1/cyan. I have 8.1/cyan right now. If I go back to DP just to get update 1 I'll lose cyan?

No no you will never lose a firmware update once it's installed until there is a newer one ready. Think this way lumia black firmware was working on windows phone 8.1 :wink:

vc-10

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
How do you do that, and does it cost money? Being a student, I'm kind of averse to spending money on something I can't drink...
I've got a 930, which obviously came with 8.1 and Cyan, but I'd like UK Cortana being English. Can't be dealing with this Fahrenheit nonsense!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb