LED Notification

Mike Santagata

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
There aren't a lot of things I miss about android. Honestly, switching two years ago was the best decision I've ever made. However....there is one small feature that windows phone lacks, that, while it wont make or break deals, it'll certainly sweeten the deal. Nokia does not use LED light notifications on its phones like HTC used to for android. Rather than add an led to to do this with, Microsoft should release a software update that allows the the windows hard key to flash (when screen is off) in the event of a notification. It's something id definitely enjoy, and would help compete with android some. Share thoughts and ideas!

David P2

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
I miss that from my E7 - it even had an option for the light to "breathe" while the phone was on. Sadly, it appears that WPs are going the way of having software keys so there won't be a physical Windows button to light up anymore :(

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
after using a Palm Pre, that light bar pulsing for notifications looked beautiful. I'd love to see it here, but ah well.

David P2

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
They should add it in future reference designs.. it's the one (and only) thing I miss from some Android phones. (ok, I miss the Mole Miner game as well but that's all).

trwrt

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I've just been leaving Glance on all the time, it's a pretty good substitute but I agree it would be better if the phone could try a little harder to get your attention. I also miss repeating reminders but that's a gripe for another day.

wuiyang

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
miss the nokia xpressmusic 5800, you can set breath light, notification light on the menu button (flashing only)
but i think microsoft wont release LED notification for some reason
hope it would be different from i****, man it suck, everytime someone who has iphone come to my house, all i see is bright flash light flashing, i always thought someone hacked in their phone...
why dont they make tiny screen on the top left corner? call it glance-fication, would show up the number of total notifiction (2 digits number)

Nyrup

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Windows Phone supports LED notification, and as far as I can recall, has allways supported it. HTC has used it on their phones to show charging/charged state, and blinking when a SMS has been received. I don't know if it supports notification to show missed call, but my old HTC Mozart didn't show missed calls.

Mike Santagata

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
I hate the glance screen honestly. And I dislike that Microsoft is going away from hard keys. It's asking for trouble. It also seams they've strayed from high end devices and tmobile as well. -_-

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss