WiFi and Cellular Data Arrows

Chris Sandiford

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
Does your WiFi icon dance when it is using data (with arrow) and not (without)?
Mine does and it's annoying.

I don't know whether they are two separate graphic images or the arrow gets added to the non-active icon but regardless, it jumps to the right and left all the time. As you can see from the images, there are a few pixels difference in the footprint taken by the active arrowed icon, causing a shift to the right.

The cellular data icon's arrow is added within the bars so it stays static.

wifi.jpg

I tweeted @WinPhoneSupport and this is the following conversation, resulting in them making me question if it was just my experience. I thought - surely not, it's an O/S thing - they just need to move that arrow nearer the WiFi arcs.

https://twitter.com/drofidnas/status/494969858845868033

So.. anyone else?

Last edited:

greycounciller

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
I originally got static arrows under the Black update on my L920. Since going up to Dev Prev, it now "dances" as you say, and yes, I find it a bit annoying.

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
My Lumia Icon has it on 8.1 dev preview. I think it is like Chris said a carrier option. I believe mine was just enabled by Verizon with the update released like a week ago.

PabsTheGeek

Jul 13, 2014
Visit site
Yeah I noticed this, its one of those "features" you'd liked to be fixed. Its annoying when you unlock your phone and you have the silent/vibrate only icon next to it where it moves about briefly.

Glad I'm not the only one annoyed by it :D

Tiaxx

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
wp8-wifi-icon.gif

Last edited:

WP7Nettwerk

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
You gona look on it every minute or what. Your topic is annoying as f**k. Worst topic of the year.
Sent from my RM-927_nam_vzw_100 using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte