Error 80072F30 - 3G not working while roaming

Kins69

Mar 19, 2013
Visit site
Dear all,

I am often traveling abroad for my job and never had any problems roaming. Internet always worked, anywhere I went.

Now I find myself in Lebanon, and although my Lumia 925 does seem to catch some network (3G or even H is displayed at the top), I constantly get "error 80072F30" when trying to sync my emails. Also none of my apps is working online.

I checked everything (APN from my provider, set the date right, certificates, etc). Besides, it did work till few hours before my flight which was also taken in a foreign country.

I inserted my sim card in a Galaxy S4, and it also did work very fine.

My brother, who is also here, has the exact same problem, although his "home provider" is another one than mine, and also from another country. His sim card did though work very fine in an iPhone.

This all leads me to believe that WP is the issue (he's on 8 and I'm on 8.1DP)

Anyone knows how to resolve this?

I have been a supporter of WP since the release of the Lumia 920, and surely was one of the first to buy it. I stayed faithful despite all the issues, lacks of notifications, shabby whatsapp and facebook apps, etc.

But I am here for work and I strongly depend on being online. If I can't get a constant and reliable connection, then I don't have any other chance than going back to Android, and believe me that would be really painful but again, i MUST be online!

Hope the community can help :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)