Windows Phone 8.1 GDR1 live folders demonstrated in video

sd173

Dec 24, 2013
Visit site
Aw man I was hoping those sections with the bars above and below the apps would always stay on the screen - that's what I was assuming from one of those screenshots in a recent WPCentral article - I never thought they could have been expanded folders...

fl_x

Feb 26, 2014
Visit site
Aw man I was hoping those sections with the bars above and below the apps would always stay on the screen - that's what I was assuming from one of those screenshots in a recent WPCentral article - I never thought they could have been expanded folders...
I kinda hoped for the same. More like the grouping on Win8 rather than collapsing folders would have been great.

Ebuka Allison

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
Think of all the possible uses. Folders for contacts. Folders for parts of app tiles. Folders for Instagram users, whatsapp chats, albums. Playlists. Truly Personal start screens. It'd be more than epic. It'd be epically micnekljsjahe kik skakjdjdjnajdjdjsks. The word can't be translated to english ;).

Adirocks

Mar 18, 2014
Visit site
Yeah that will be awsm
ND just hope we will get it today
In other thread Someone is claiming that it will be released around 6.30 in Sri Lanka
So as per dis v will also get it around d same in India

k0de

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
That video should be titled "how to make your WP look like an iPhone's home screen." :)

So what? When MSFT was in the lead everyone copied many tricks here and there.

Now that Apple is in the lead it is ok to copy some of their tricks.

This new folder feature is awesome.

Kentcomp

Jan 12, 2012
Visit site
So what? When MSFT was in the lead everyone copied many tricks here and there.

This new folder feature is awesome.

I wasn't slighting WP in the least--I was just pointing out that that home screen is lame and looks nothing like anyone's actual WP screen.

k0de

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
I wasn't slighting WP in the least--I was just pointing out that that home screen is lame and looks nothing like anyone's actual WP screen.

Not true. Customize the home screen as you please. Unlike other OSE'S no Windows Phone home screen is the same.

Look at other forums"Post your home Screen pic" for example. None WP home screens are identical.

Not lame. But that's just my 2 cents. Enjoy WP. Ttyl

sd173

Dec 24, 2013
Visit site

But isn't Google in the lead?

Anyways, I didn't like how this wasn't app sections like you can do in Windows 8, but after playing around with it a little I think this is so awesome.

k0de

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
But isn't Google in the lead?

Anyways, I didn't like how this wasn't app sections like you can do in Windows 8, but after playing around with it a little I think this is so awesome.

Google in the lead?

Okay. Ttyl what about 44 million iPhones sold last quarter alone.

That's is a milestone. Lol

Will talk later.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon