HTC 8X not in GDR1 Dev Preview

Bhaskar Parikh1

Jul 16, 2014
Visit site
I'm never buying a HTC again.
First no Cortana because of the UK phone language... and now we got Cortana for UK, we aren't getting the update!

Bro we have worst condition, I have L625 official8.1+ dev preview, downloaded update but it is not installing just like" falling from the sky and stuck on the coconut tree"😉

Last edited:

Feronix

Aug 4, 2014
Visit site
Seems like we're out of luck guys :(

Devices that are not receiving the Developer Preview update need a firmware update from the manufacturer first.

From the official update wiki:

Note: If your device is enabled for the update but no new version is made available to you: There are a small set of devices for which we aren’t offering the latest build of the Developer Preview program due to an identified problem that requires mobile operator or OEM driver updates. These will be offered when the official update for your phone is available.

I'd post the link but I don't have 10 posts yet. You can find it on the answers.microsoft website by Googling for 'Windows phone 8.1 update wiki'

:(

clindhartsen

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
Seems like we're out of luck guys :(

Devices that are not receiving the Developer Preview update need a firmware update from the manufacturer first.

From the official update wiki:

I'd post the link but I don't have 10 posts yet. You can find it on the answers.microsoft website by Googling for 'Windows phone 8.1 update wiki'

:(

Here's a thread from Microsoft Answers on the 8X that mentions the firmware bit. (and here's the Wiki article talking Developer Preview updates in general) Seems like a plausible reason, but maybe Joe will say something - or Daniel will get us an answer.

thrash994

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
This is my first and the last HTC phone I've ever bought. Should have bought a Lumia but I couldn't wait for it to arrive in my ****ty country.

Mar 31, 2014
Visit site
Seriously, it's like a bad joke. I'm trying not to blame anybody, but this is just plain incompetence on everybody's part, HTC, MS, carriers included.

Recently I have had a somewhat lengthy correspondence with my mobile service provider in my country where I asked them when WP8.1 is going to be officially released. They told me that it is "in progress", but they asked my patience and told me they'd get back to me with a more specific answer. They got back, and told me that WP8.1 is not going to be available for the 8S. I told them that it's really interesting, since I've had the DevPreview since April, and asked them whether there is some technical limitation for their not releasing the update, since WP8 doesn't enable 8S users to put downloads and applications on the SD card, which, with its tiny 4 GB internal storage renders the device pretty much useless. They answered by saying that that is all the information they got for me and they appreciate my patience.

Last edited:

anon(5579515)

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Classic MSFT
Classic HTC
Really....
Microsoft only cares for Lumia and HTC for android..

Screw this. Lumias I try to avoid, Android I loathe, so I may just switch back to iOS with an outdated Windows Phone on the side. At least I know what phones are getting what updates, and not anxious about carriers and manufacturers...

Georgi Anastasov

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
I'm starting to get really angry here, HTC said
"You would have to contact Microsoft about their software, we don't have the updates for the phone."
I guess we won't be seeing the GDR1 soon

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium