Running into 80188308 installing GDR1 or Pre Update

SymmetryPlus

Feb 1, 2014
Visit site
Me too, on a Samsung ATIV I8750 running 8.1 DP in the UK.

Just wondering if anyone else affected by this error had switched region to US to access Cortana and then switched back to UK before the 8.1 GDR1 update?

Ryan ODonnell

Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
Me too, on a Samsung ATIV I8750 running 8.1 DP in the UK.

Just wondering if anyone else affected by this error had switched region to US to access Cortana and then switched back to UK before the 8.1 GDR1 update?

Trying to redownload after switching region/language from US to UK! Hopefully it will work! :)

dermotw

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I tried with UK and US setup (with/without Cortana etc.) in my 920 with 8.1 dev preview, and it still fails with error 0x80188308 after the download, when it tries to install (gears..).

Oh well, all the earlier updates were ok, I guess I was due for a screwup.. :(

-D

vafo

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Same here on Samsung ATIV S - Portugal (unbranded). No heating or battery problems detected, fails after entering gears phase.

I do have region set to US - Haven't made any other attempts under different settings.

anon(5973126)

May 8, 2013
Visit site
There's a Wi-Fi glitch in the WP8.1 DP which slows down the connection if it is a public Wi-Fi... I'm having the same issue on my Office network.. It should work fine in your home network

vafo

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
There's a Wi-Fi glitch in the WP8.1 DP which slows down the connection if it is a public Wi-Fi... I'm having the same issue on my Office network.. It should work fine in your home network
If this is true, does updating fix this glitch? I tought my new employers Wi-Fi SUCKED altho it works decent on my SmugDroid, and on my ATIV S I have to keep disconnecting and connecting again hour after hour to have some kind of internet access... This could explain it!

jimitndiaye

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Re: Running into Problem 80188308 installiing GDR1 or Pre Update

I had a similar issue with the battery the first time I attempted to install the update. It was around 50% and plugged in to charge. I started the update and left it to install. Came back maybe 30 mins later and the battery was dead somehow (even though it was plugged in). When it had recharged I first saw that 80188308 error message. Tried to install again and this time after rebooting to apply the update I got the same error message.
​I have the same model and carrier as you do.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre