Official Windows Phone 8.1 Update 1 Discussion and Problem Solving Thread

DavidMagnus

Jun 3, 2013
Visit site
Live Folders are amazing!, not trying to suck on M$ but the new feature is awesome:

-animations are really smooth
-Aesthetic is great, really merges into WP8
-Functionality is superb, just like the videos.

I really thought this new feature would affect the performance of the OS but it's surprisingly polished, another thing WP does better than iOS and even Android L.

How do I activate live folders?

meson2000

May 13, 2013
Visit site
Re: Official Windows Phone 8.1 Update 1 Discussion nd Problem Solving Thread

Any way to change the user agent string in IE myself after the update? Or is that just something the browser does on its own behind the scenes?

Athul Paul

Feb 2, 2014
Visit site
I have a big problem. I cannot open any apps like whatsapp, wpcentral etc. It shows either i should buy the app or reinstall it. Please help. I did soft reset 2 times but still nothing, even the calender is not opening.

Posted via the WPC App for Android!

Last edited:

IamSammer

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
I have a Lumia 520 (India)... The speech is set to English (US), phone's language too... And region is English (India)... But Cortana shows that she doesn't know my language yet. Cortana worked well in the original preview..

Jonas_H

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
I have a big problem. I cannot open any apps like whatsapp, wpcentral etc. It shows either i should buy the app or reinstall it. Please help

Posted via the WPC App for Android!

All apps are reinstalling after the update. This could take some time. If the problem is still present after all apps are installed you can try a soft reset by holding the power button and volume down key. Wait till your phone restarts. Remember to adjust time and date after a soft reset!

Cortana isn't talking . For example if I say "tell me a joke" it just searches for a joke on bing...

This is a backend issue and will be solved by Microsoft soon. All the personality of british Cortana will come soon.

Wanted to know if they have given toggle tile for Cellular Data Connection in Action Center ???

No, data toggle is still not present in WP8.1.1.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss