Official Windows Phone 8.1 Update 1 Discussion and Problem Solving Thread

Ghyathoo

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
Plzzz I need help after I downloaded and installed the update 1 I didn't get cyan update I still have Lumia black for Lumia 1520.1 any,suggestions or solution plz reply

Adirocks

Mar 18, 2014
Visit site
Plzzz I need help after I downloaded and installed the update 1 I didn't get cyan update I still have Lumia black for Lumia 1520.1 any,suggestions or solution plz reply

Bro gdr1 is OS update,
Cyan is a firmware update
U will get it when firmware update is rolled out for ur specific model
ND as u r using pfd u will hv to wait until MS fix a bitlocker issue

Jonas_H

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
What's the use of app corner somebody installated the update pls reply...

It's basically kids corner. You can choose apps and games and put it into apps corner. You can activate it when you give your phone to other people.

Lumia Cyan is a firmware update and wasn't supposed to come with GDR1. You will get Cyan when it is ready for your device!

upsidedown

Jun 14, 2013
Visit site
Re: Official Windows Phone 8.1 Update 1 Discussion nd Problem Solving Thread

I had same issue. Resolved by going into photos, choosing favorites, then switching back to All.

I noticed this also. Had to change to all from favorites in pic live tile setting. Would prefer using my fave, but for now this seems to work.

Aniket Mhatre

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
Got this error for second time. Can't microsoft do something without any issue!
ugydage7.png

Sent from Lumia 925 India using tapatalk

rowlie

Jun 3, 2013
Visit site
A lot of people have the issue cannot update due to "unable to open file" unfortunately Daniels answer is to look in the forums for a solution. To busy posting what the new update has to offer to realise the real news is we have another FUBAR update on our hands.

Posted via the WPC App for Android!

nicfromwales

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
I had the temporary error of not being able to install the update. The second time I tried, it worked. I didn't change a single setting. L720 DP in Wales.

Nokia5110

Feb 5, 2014
Visit site
Maikiroshoft i just wasted more than half a gig with zero results. Failing wp!

Now viber can't update, should I blame anonymous? Its horrible to be shafted like this.

DoctorSaline

Jul 9, 2014
Visit site
Found a new feature in Settings - date+time: 'Set time zone automatically'. Very nice.

Does it improve the previous flawed "set time automatically"?
The problem is there since WP8 through WP8.1. Engadget even made fun of it in their review of WP8.1. I hope they fixed a feature as simple as this. Frankly, it was embarrassing.

OliMcDermott

May 15, 2014
Visit site
Annoying problem: My Lumia 620, a 512MB device; now shows 'Resuming' when unlocking the device. This specifically happens when the phone is left off
for an extended period of time.

churchwa

Mar 26, 2012
Visit site
I have an unlocked Lumia 1520 from HK but using it in the UK with all the settings set to Uk or English with Developer Preview installed but when checking for updates it say the phone is up to date. Any suggestions.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12