LUMIA 1020 - Camera does not work after update

l33tuc

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Might be worth seeing if you can take photos with another app, Instagram or 6snap or whatever... just to see if you can get the camera to engage at all?

lumia0323

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site
I am using RM-875_eu_euro1_267, still no luck. I have rebooted the phone several times. No luck. I am stuck without any camera. I hope someone can tell me a solution to this problem or I need to downgrade to 8.x. Not fun... NOT Fun =( Nokia is talking about Q3 for CYAN to be released in Sweden. Feels like a long time...

lumia0323

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site
codynunes: I been using Nokia Software Recovery Tool and NSU for Retail atleast 10 times together. I been rebooting the phone so many times no that I am thinking of giving up. Noone seems to know a good solution for this bug. Its a bug, a driver missing somewhere.... I just wonder were and why it happens to my phone. Its a perfect unbranded phone bought in a local store here in Sweden (TELE2)

codynunes

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
I have the USA ATT ROM on my 1020, but I don't think Cyan being delayed would have anything to do with it. I do think that you are right somewhere along the way your camera function gets corrupted. That's why I asked how many times you have used the Nokia Recovery Software. If you only used it once, then maybe try that again, with your firewall/antivirus turned off? That will keep your computer from corrupting the link to your phone.

The sad thing is that it could be a really small problem too. I don't use Nokia Maps. I use the built in Maps, and I download my local map settings. I know Nokia maps uses the same maps stored on your phone, that's why I say delete maps data.

lumia0323

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site
codynunes: I am guessing I been using Nokia Recovery Software approx 7 times. Firewall on router is disabled, only uses normal Windows 7 firmware.
I dont have any maps installed on phone. No maps cached on phone. Its empty. Almost nothing on phone installed. The camera seems to get corrupt when I go from 8.x to 8.1. I mean update 1+2 8.x did not corrupt camera. Its something with 8.1, I dunno what it is however. I am pretty sure, almost 100% sure if I downgrade using Nokia Recovery Software again, camera will works, but that does not solve my problem.

codynunes

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Wait if your phone is unbranded (unlocked?) is Cyan available for you without the Preview? Do you have Cyan already? Yeah, I believe you know what you are talking about, and I am kind of out of ideas also. I don't know why the camera driver is not being loaded, or why maps keeps crashing.

Maybe you tried this pattern already. Nokia Recovery- update all you can without preview app. Get preview app and update to 8.1, then update to gdr1. Reset and reboot as you feel necessary. Good Luck! I wish I could help more, and I am not sure if Microsoft Mobile will be of much help :/

lumia0323

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site
I will try to download latest Nokia Care Suite and see if I can get some more information before I downgrade. Thanks for your help codynunes. Too bad I'm having this problem...

lumia0323

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site
When i run the phone in TEST mode with Nokia Care Suite, "Camera interface test for second camera" + "Secondary camera Non volatile memory self test" fails.

Calculated NVM checksum (2 bytes, MSB first)

Method description:
Test verifies that correct amount of data has been passed from camera sensor to CSI receiver and checks all transfer errors from receiver

Test name:
Secondary camera Non volatile memory self test

Test description:
Calculates Non volatile checksum for secondary camera.

Result:
MINOR

Result (detailed view):
Could not open sec camera driver

Data description:

Method description:
- Expected NVM checksum (2 bytes, MSB first)
- Calculated NVM checksum (2 bytes, MSB first)

lumia0323

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site
Now I know that the camera driver can go corrupt somewhere during the upgrade process.
I have downloaded NaviFirm+ and flashed my phone to stock rom. Phone works great but I wonder what the problem is...

Enever

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
same here, unlocked ATT lumia 1020, atfter 8.1 update one (DP) my lens is stuck open and no camera apps working. installing apps doesnt work, clearly a driver got broken on update ( very very annoying as i only just got the phone and have already spent a day going all the way from 8.0 to 8.1 DP.

anyone find the solution? just a hard reset best? or recovery tool better?

lumia0323

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site
Does anyone have a solution for this problem? I am back on WP 8.x and camera works fine. How do I get drivers to get propered installed? i tried over 10 times without any luck. I can't go WP 8.1 preview or GDR1 without camera stops working. It have worked but doing a update today fails. Anyone? Please, this is a bug right? It seems my investigation lead to a driver missing somewhere causing the camera to stop responding.

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
Does anyone have a solution for this problem? I am back on WP 8.x and camera works fine. How do I get drivers to get propered installed? i tried over 10 times without any luck. I can't go WP 8.1 preview or GDR1 without camera stops working. It have worked but doing a update today fails. Anyone? Please, this is a bug right? It seems my investigation lead to a driver missing somewhere causing the camera to stop responding.
Try updating again. Maybe it will work this time.

lumia0323

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site
Enever I am glad that I am not the only one having this issue! ... but I feel sorry for you. Its not fun at all....

Have you found a solution to the problem? I have tried everything... hard reset, recovery etc. upgrading to 8.1 results in camera fails (hidden driver issue somwhere)

anon(8171782)

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
I downloaded the dvp last night and i didn't have any single error installing all update.took about 5hrs.since I was on wp8. After update.only camera app ihave problem with was Nokia camera beta. The Nokia camera works fine.even the lock app works smooth on my phone.with no freeze.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers