Anybody found Xbox music live tile on GDR1?

Nimdock

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
As Blacklac mentions I am pretty sure it's a 2-punch change. It needed the OS update and now we will need an app update.

anon(5383410)

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I want the 'recently added' and 'recently played' more than a live tile. My adhd is really being exposed by this app. I add music and forget I added it and never listen to it. A recently added section is safer than Adderall so help me out MS.

Nimdock

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
I want the 'recently added' and 'recently played' more than a live tile. My adhd is really being exposed by this app. I add music and forget I added it and never listen to it. A recently added section is safer than Adderall so help me out MS.

Bahaha, made me laugh but yes, I would like those two back. Particularly recently added.

fiveaces01

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
You mean the one we were going to get last Friday??? They aren't in any damn hurry with a music live tile...but they sure got one out for Store quickly huh?

Blacklac

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
You mean the one we were going to get last Friday??? They aren't in any damn hurry with a music live tile...but they sure got one out for Store quickly huh?

How much unofficial software are you using and yet you can complain about them working slow. Relax.

MartLea

Feb 11, 2014
Visit site
No and Xbox Music is still not displaying personal, correctly tagged, album art either. Will continue to use excellent Music Hub Tile instead, it works fine!

fiveaces01

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
Look I'm trying to relax..and I will once this music app gets fixed. Judging from the high volume of posts to anything related to music it is a very valued part of a mobile OS..we just want what we used to have in the hub functionality returned, it really isn't an Update as much as a re-instatement

Geddeeee

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
Look I'm trying to relax..and I will once this music app gets fixed. Judging from the high volume of posts to anything related to music it is a very valued part of a mobile OS..we just want what we used to have in the hub functionality returned, it really isn't an Update as much as a re-instatement

It's ONLY an MP3 player. but a few have made it a 'make or break' point for WP. It simply isn't that important.
It plays music, as it was designed to.

Agreed, it's nowhere near perfect, but the 'hub' has gone, never to return!! It's something everyone has got to come to terms with.
I'm sure MS will eventually deliver a fully featured Music app which goes beyond everyone's expectations, but it ain't gonna happen in a month or two. It will evolve over a longer period. After all there is the rest of the OS to enjoy......

Malcolm Clement

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
How much unofficial software are you using and yet you can complain about them working slow. Relax.

They're quick to get GDR1 out. That is all. Every other app they've taken their sweet time with and they still blow donkey balls... I think people are justified to say pick up the damn pace, MS.

Malcolm Clement

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
It opens up to a black screen 95% of the time. This is not what I call a working app. And for how much people use their phones for music having Xbox Music continue to suck this bad is a big deal.

Blacklac

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
It opens up to a black screen 95% of the time. This is not what I call a working app. And for how much people use their phones for music having Xbox Music continue to suck this bad is a big deal.

I have 2 phones with 8.1 and Xbox Music and they work perfectly fine. You clearly have some software issues going on. I'd consider a reset if its a big deal.

Ebuka Allison

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
I have 2 phones with 8.1 and Xbox Music and they work perfectly fine. You clearly have some software issues going on. I'd consider a reset if its a big deal.

Get off it. It being your really high horse. The Xbox Music team have clearly admitted the the app is not even half as fast as the old one (where you ask? On this very site)

BadIntentVG

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
It's ONLY an MP3 player. but a few have made it a 'make or break' point for WP. It simply isn't that important.
It plays music, as it was designed to.

Agreed, it's nowhere near perfect, but the 'hub' has gone, never to return!! It's something everyone has got to come to terms with.
I'm sure MS will eventually deliver a fully featured Music app which goes beyond everyone's expectations, but it ain't gonna happen in a month or two. It will evolve over a longer period. After all there is the rest of the OS to enjoy......

*sigh*. People like you will never change... No matter how many people agree with the majority on the failure of XBM (hint it doesn't even play music right) including the makers of XBM themselves, there's still gonna be people like who claim it works 'perfectly fine' and that music isn't a big deal.

What if, and this is a long shot, some of us were hooked on WP7 because of Zune which came before it? While devoid of many features, it actually played media properly. Or what if we just don't like DRM errors cutting off our tracks at seemingly random and uncontrollable times? Stop attempting to belittle the plight of almost everyone else using the platform just because you don't care about music.

If it looks like I've made this point before, I have. This is probably going to be the last time, but I can't let comments like these go unchecked in good conscience.

anon(5973126)

May 8, 2013
Visit site
nobody cares if the wpcentral or some other app doesn't work but this is music.
I listen to music atleast 60% of the day(in the office, gym, drive home) and I assume most people do too..
so it is a big deal and there is no excuse for screwing up such a basic app

Geddeeee

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
"People like me"... You don't KNOW me, but I'll let it slide...

Yes.. I understand ALL of the points raised. At the moment, as I said, it is a long way short of what people want it to be. The XBox Music team have admitted their mistakes and oversights. Constantly clamouring for an update and labouring the point will not make it happen any faster!!!

As for 'screwing up' a basic app, well.... It's not really a basic app that all of you want is it? At the moment, as I said, it plays music. It's BASIC function. So they didn't screw that up...
Unbundling this 'app' from being a part of the core OS is no small feat, let me assure you. It's very, very difficult!!!

Apart from being a developer myself, I am also a musician and have played in various bands for over 35 years, so musical fidelity is a 'must have' for me.
XBM does it's job, and as I have said will only get better. At the moment constantly complaining that it's not as good as the old Music Hub or Zune is tiresome. There are hundreds of posts and threads on this, so I believe it has been covered.

This thread is about the XBox Music Tile, but again it gets derailed into how s**t the app is. We know, we get it.....

Just give it a rest and have some patience FFS!!!!

Blacklac

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
Get off it. It being your really high horse. The Xbox Music team have clearly admitted the the app is not even half as fast as the old one (where you ask? On this very site)

Lol. Not even close to being on my "high horse". If you have massive bugs that make the App unusable where its not for others, you should really look into fixing it yourself if possible. Ala hard reset.

Ebuka Allison

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
Lol. Not even close to being on my "high horse". If you have massive bugs that make the App unusable where its not for others, you should really look into fixing it yourself if possible. Ala hard reset.

Sorry. You lost me when you said the apps works perfectly fine. Disagreeing with the devs of XBM themselves. I actually think that people who get working XBM are the ones with bugs, hence the all doesn't run as it should, but much quicker

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
goergtalk