Live Folders - Your opinion?

Makm

May 15, 2014
Visit site
Live folders is just awesome! Now i can keep more apps in my home screen without making it look like a total mess! But individual apps should also have live folders where there will be the app's functionalities. For example, facebook. If you press the fb tile then 'profile, notifications, check in, etc' option tiles will appear for quick actions. Everyone should suggest this feature at the MS site.

wpfanboy17

May 10, 2014
Visit site
3 issues.

- When you expand a live folder, it shows a blank folder above expanded items (apps).
- Say if I have 3 apps in the live folder and one of it got a notification, the live info on the folder should highlight that app with notification
- Don't like the way the frames appear in the live folder. The live data doesn't display all the apps in the live folder all the time ( it hides few apps when live data gets refreshed). The design should instead be fixed frames with just one/ 2 frames highlighting the apps which got recent notifications

Kram Sacul

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
It's a solid implantation of folders on the start screen. The animations are smooth and classy. My only complaints have already been stated:

Empty slots on the medium and double wide tiles. Could be made a little more elegant.

Accent color should always be used on the divider bars. Right now if you're using a start screen background they appear gray.

himanshushirodkar

Jun 18, 2012
Visit site
yes that works only if you don't use start screen background... otherwise you are stuck with the same grey color... it doesn't change as per your accent...

msalmank

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
No they dont remain grey. Their colour changes like other tiles.

They only change if you are not using a Tile Background (i.e. you're using the single tile color/accent). Otherwise they remain grey.

For example; I use a Red Accent color, but the bars are displaying grey for me because I use a background image on the tiles.

Seth Nelson

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
I do very much enjoy these Live Folders. A further implementation of these would be to keep those expanded folder dividers (grey/accent color) always present as an option. This would give a Windows 8-style grouping function, which would be nice.

Musaib124

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
They only change if you are not using a Tile Background (i.e. you're using the single tile color/accent). Otherwise they remain grey.

For example; I use a Red Accent color, but the bars are displaying grey for me because I use a background image on the tiles.

If i use tile accent single one thn live folder take its colour and if if chose background thn it takes that.

Tepid

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
I like it just as it is, there are no changes that I can see that need to be made at all.
Best, biggest improvement since transparent Tiles themselves.

I do not want labels,, if they are going to allow that,, make it optional.
Get to know your phone and Labels are not needed.

I like how the tile empties out into the lower section, very cool affect.

I wouldn't change anything at this time.

Thank you Joe Belfiore and MicroSoft.

msalmank

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
If i use tile accent single one thn live folder take its colour and if if chose background thn it takes that.

I think you might be referring to the Tiles added to the folder... but what we're talking about are the two divider bars that appear at the top and bottom of the folder when expanded.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)