Live Folders - Your opinion?

Nerdy Woman

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
I don't know if I like live folders or not. I like the look, but since switching on 'Use More Tiles' on my 920 and getting used to the fingertip-size tiles, I'm able to fit everything I use frequently on my screen without scrolling to see more. The only tiles that are larger are those that flash news and weather.

At this point, I know where everything is and it's all a single tap away... I do have App Folder installed and have everything organized there by category if I'm looking for cooking apps, photo apps (way too many of those), news apps, etc.

Frankly, the thought of using folders to stash apps reminds me of Windows 3.1...

pdelvo

Apr 2, 2014
Visit site
Implementing folders for the start screen is very easy. Implementing them in a way they dont suck is hard.

They did a great job!

Kram Sacul

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
3 issues.

- When you expand a live folder, it shows a blank folder above expanded items (apps).

I don't see the problem here. Tapping a folder tile is like opening a box. The contents of the box spill out to give you access to them. Box is empty. When you're done the tiles go back into the box.

hoanglongroyal

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
I used folder group from iOS and Android, it did not make me happy(enough) because it's "death". Live folder in this update is really really cool for me..... I love ❤ it.
But it's will be perfect if has big(16cell) live tile 😁 and 8cell horizontal.

Tepid

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
I don't see the problem here. Tapping a folder tile is like opening a box. The contents of the box spill out to give you access to them. Box is empty. When you're done the tiles go back into the box.

Yes, I really dig that effect. Very nice.

And I just figured out the Labels,, didn't think I would like them, but they are handy
We will see going forward.

Live Folders, love them.

msalmank

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
I love them. I used to hate having to wait till the games app updated. Now I have a beautiful folder with live tiles that open instantaneously.

Games is the first folder that I created!! Hate the performance and non-usability of the Games Hub now. It does take forever to load up at times which can be quite the hassle! :cool:

msalmank

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
I don't know if I like live folders or not. I like the look, but since switching on 'Use More Tiles' on my 920 and getting used to the fingertip-size tiles, I'm able to fit everything I use frequently on my screen without scrolling to see more. The only tiles that are larger are those that flash news and weather.

At this point, I know where everything is and it's all a single tap away... I do have App Folder installed and have everything organized there by category if I'm looking for cooking apps, photo apps (way too many of those), news apps, etc.

Frankly, the thought of using folders to stash apps reminds me of Windows 3.1...

Frankly, when the folders are alive, it doesn't come close to Windows 3.1... :smile:

The way that Microsoft's implemented Live Tools, it's just perfect! Sure there are a few minor tweaks most are wishing for, but it's perfect even if it doesn't change much going forward.

BilalSoomro17

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
Love Live Folders!!! <3

This File folders are Awesome I love it. It makes my whole Start Screen Live even those apps which use to only show Icons even now they are live in Folders. Totally Amazing.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb