Broken Bluetooth--when will I learn?

DynaDog

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
My 1520 is on Developer Preview 8.1, no Cyan update yet. I applied Update 1 this morning and can no longer connect to my Nokia Play 360 speakers. My 520 is on regular 8.1 with Cyan, and it no longer connects to my speakers either. Any ideas out there on how to fix this?

Even though I don't see any threads on the forum dealing with this (maybe it's only my problem), I've got to stop jumping into these updates so quickly. The payoffs are diminishing.

DynaDog

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Thanks, not sure how to reset, but will check it out.

I now realize that I described my problem somewhat inaccurately. The phone and speaker both show a proper connection, but no music comes through the speaker! Maddening.

trwrt

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Have you tried long-pressing the device in the bluetooth settings to delete it and then re-pairing? Maybe it didn't get migrated correctly through the Cyan update.

DynaDog

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Okay, I reset the speakers, no change. It still shows a connection, the music is moving the clock, but no sound from the speakers.

This is really bad. I use the Play 360s every single day. They comprise my home sound system. They're all I've got. They worked great yesterday. Now, nothing.

Any other Play 360 owners, save yourself--do not install Update 1.

DynaDog

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
This wouldn't have anything to do with the APTx piece of Update 1 would it? The old Bluetooth connection wasn't replaced, right?

Maybe we can blame the Xbox Music part of the update. Who's with me?

DalekSnare

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
As far as I can tell, BT hasn't changed at all (it's not doing aptX; it doesn't sound as good as the GS3 over BT) on my non-Cyan 920.

ryuh3d

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I had the same issue.

On the phone. Go to Settings, Bluetooth. Delete the offending device.

On the speaker put it in "repairing" mode.

Then repair the device. Should work well.

DynaDog

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
I had the same issue.

On the phone. Go to Settings, Bluetooth. Delete the offending device.

On the speaker put it in "repairing" mode.

Then repair the device. Should work well.

Thanks, I have tried that with no luck yet, but will try again. I'm glad to hear that someone beat the problem.

Alphageek_UK

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
I have a pair of Play 360s and have not had this problem. Not much help to you, but I thought I'd post anyway.

I should add that I do have the Cyan firmware.

ZvjerOPC

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site
This may be a stupid idea but have you tried turning up the volume on the speaker after connecting to it? It happens often to be that volume is ask the way down after connecting and the only thing that helps is pursuing the plus button on the speaker.

Hope3702

Aug 5, 2014
Visit site
There has to be a bluetooth problem since Update 1 for 8.1 developer...My phone/car aren't acting well at all since that...Screen doesn't display the artist/song etc...Sometimes nothing comes out of the car speakers...I open an app and sometimes it shut down the sound...No doubt there is a problem with bluetooth since update

DynaDog

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
This may be a stupid idea but have you tried turning up the volume on the speaker after connecting to it? It happens often to be that volume is ask the way down after connecting and the only thing that helps is pursuing the plus button on the speaker.

I've had that happen before, but not this time! I'm glad your 360s work, but a little sad for me. This could be the time that I'm the one person with an issue. I've always laughed a little at those guys.

The speakers work as before with my Samsung Focus. The speakers do not work with my 1520 with DP8.1U1 non-Cyan or my 520 with 8.1U1 and Cyan. I've tried all the resetting, deleting, rebooting and taking out the battery tricks that I can think of and have been suggested. No luck yet. If anyone has a good idea for a solution, please let me know! Thanks.

trwrt

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Re-reading your original post, was it the case that the 520 with standard Cyan (no preview) used to work and then one day it stopped working, even though you hadn't changed anything on that phone? Or did you put the DP update on both phones at the same time and that's when they both quit working?

trwrt

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Also, since we're down to dumb questions now, have you checked the volume on your phones *after* you made the connection to verify that the separate Bluetooth volume isn't turned all the way down?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb