Calendar app now searches for locations

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
US, T-Mobile, Lumia 925, 8.1 GDR 1, Preview for Developers. Cortana enabled and in use since day 1 of Beta, Calendar allowed to use location...

I have location search when setting appointments via Calender App.

​I noticed it the other day and never realized it wasn't always there until I just read this thread.

James8561

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
^for me:
US, T-Mobile, AT&T Lumia 920, 8.1 GDR 1, Preview for Developers. Cortana enabled and in use since day 1 of Beta, Calendar allowed to use location...

I don't have any location search in Calendar. :(

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
So the difference being you are using a carrier branded, unlocked phone off the network it was branded to...

​Possible clue?

Alain_A

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
I'm in Canada with Canadian Cortana on DP, update1 and no cyan. Location is turn on.
In the calendar I have location but not the search to go with.

L625 here on Telus

Chris_Kez

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site

Rasetech

Jan 31, 2014
Visit site
HA!

It is working for me now!

I installed official Cyan with the Nokia Recovery Tool two days ago, and than did the Update 1 Update with DP and the Update which was released yesterday.

I openen my calendar for the first time since all that a view minutes ago and when i started typing the location search popped up!

Lumia 1020 WP Cyan DP Update 1 Region Settings on UK for Cortana but Phone is Austrian CV

wpuser87

May 4, 2014
Visit site
HA!

It is working for me now!

I installed official Cyan with the Nokia Recovery Tool two days ago, and than did the Update 1 Update with DP and the Update which was released yesterday.

I openen my calendar for the first time since all that a view minutes ago and when i started typing the location search popped up!

Lumia 1020 WP Cyan DP Update 1 Region Settings on UK for Cortana but Phone is Austrian CV

So it's a similar experience to mine, as I also used the Nokia Recovery Tool when I couldn't install Update 1 (it installed 8.0, as Cyan is still not available to my phone). I only noticed that it was working after installing Update 1. It seems that it only works after a clean install!

Anyway, I must say that I thought that this would make Cortana tell me when to leave for appointments, as the locations are now being properly inserted, but she's been silent all along, that feature never seems to work.

Chris_Kez

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
So perhaps it works after a clean install? Interesting. I was on the fence about waiting for MS to address this need for rolling back the OS, but maybe I'll go for it. Assuming of course that at ATT decides to release Cyan for the 920 before that.

TruPlaya187

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
I'm from Canada and I did revert back to 8.0 with the Nokia recovery tool then applied cyan then went back with dev preview update 1 and it is working!!! Cortana alpha by the way

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
It's been working for me since I got Update 1 via OTA... but I did do a hard reset after the Update, just to blow some of the cobwebs out.

k72

Jul 23, 2014
Visit site
Mine has started suggestions! I have the latest preview update. It works with location off or on and I have the "use location" box unchecked.

k72

Jul 23, 2014
Visit site
I'd like to see someone post a video of it in action.

I had a video, but apparently you have to link it to a site (I have no accounts on those sites), not upload, so here is a screenshot of the video (I know, there is already a screenshot from the OP and this is not a video, but this is the best I've got). Perhaps someone else can post a video?

location.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss