Calendar app now searches for locations

wpuser87

May 4, 2014
Visit site
I'm not sure if this is new to Windows Phone 8.1 Update or if it's just new to UK users, but after updating my Calendar app now searches for locations as you type in the "location" field. It definitely didn't do this before yesterday in my phone!

Here is a screenshot:

wp_ss_20140805_0001.png

Alphageek_UK

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
This is not working for me on 8.1 Update. L1520 in UK on EE.

Do I need to do something to enable it? It seems like a very useful addition to the calendar.

EDIT: I checked in calendar settings and the checkbox for "Use my location to show the weather and suggested places" is ticked.

pedmar007

Jun 17, 2014
Visit site
Not a MS spokesperson but if intelligence serves us correctly what we should understand that MS is trying to build us an OS that we can be proud of and it's not like we're out here alone, there's plenty of competition. As a result MS is trying to give us the most features it can in comparison to IOS and Android. With that there will be complications in the beginning but with what users are reporting from different devices around the world, just take in that when all is well and right with MS's WP OS how jealous will the IOS and Android users be??? I don't have WP8.1 or the update to 8.1 as yet but with all that I'm reading I can't wait til I do get it, because as I see it the longer I take to get the WP8.1 Upgrade the closer the OS will be to bug fixes,performance updates and feature upgrades. So though I have a 2 yr old device right now with what it has on WP8 alone compared to what the BBZ10's, GS4/5's, Iphone 4/5's that my workmates have right now, I have the BEST of the lot!!! I get more information by looking at my screen ALONE than they do from theirs. When I get WP8.1 and put the various wallpapers I'm thinking of using it will again BLOW them away from a visual point of view as well. Just here loving the WP8 more and more, but it's just the wait that's hard especially being notified each day of some NEW trick that the WP8.1 GDR1 is bringing to the table each week. If GDR1 is doing all of this what will GDR2 do to these phones???

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Doesn't work here. In the Calendar Settings you can see the note about requiring location services to enable this, but not working on AT&T.

wpuser87

May 4, 2014
Visit site
EDIT: I checked in calendar settings and the checkbox for "Use my location to show the weather and suggested places" is ticked.

Yes, I have that option ticked. I've tried it again and it's working, I can't possibly the only one with this feature activated!

For what is worth, I had to flash the phone's software using the Nokia Recovery Tool (I've got a Lumia 920 in the UK on EE) since I was one of those who got the error trying to install Update 1. But I can't imagine how that would explain this situation.

Mr. Brown

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Yes, I have that option ticked. I've tried it again and it's working, I can't possibly the only one with this feature activated!

For what is worth, I had to flash the phone's software using the Nokia Recovery Tool (I've got a Lumia 920 in the UK on EE) since I was one of those who got the error trying to install Update 1. But I can't imagine how that would explain this situation.

Can you please take a video of it in action?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro