Pleasantly surprised with the choice of phones of people in my college

Karthik Naik

Banned
Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys, I thought I'd share some thing which I noticed in my new college this week
I just switched streams and got into a new uni this month and I noticed that out of the 70 people in my course- around 20 people had iPhones , 30 people had cheaper android phones and a few motos and samsungs as well here and there and 20 windows phone users!!
Most of them had 1320s , 520s,1520s and a few 525 and 720 users here and there
While talking in general about phones I realised windows phone 8.1 is what brought most of them to get a windows phone recently
They love the large screen and camera of the 1320 and none of them felt a lack of apps,only a few people wanted a few banking apps they were alright otherwise
A friend of mine at uni lost his iPhone somehow in a shaft accidentally and was going to get a moto x but seeing the 1520 he increased his budget and got a 1520 instead and couldn't be happier
I have a feeling windows phone has a great future atleast in India amongst us students and younger devs etc
There are a few who put down the windows phone users by cracking jokes about lack of apps but when asked which apps were missing they were speechless when they realised the apps they asked about were already present on the WP store and were awed by the battery life,quality of phones and beauty of software
Microsoft should keep it up!! Wp8.1 has really impressed us youths and more people are leaving android and even iPhone users want a windows phone as their primary phone
The 630 may not have made a splash as such but despite that people seem happy with the phones design etc and didn't mind paying a little extra for it(2-3 girls in my class),1320 is more popular followed by the 1520

Arka1412

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys, I thought I'd share some thing which I noticed in my new college this week
I just switched streams and got into a new uni this month and I noticed that out of the 70 people in my course- around 20 people had iPhones , 30 people had cheaper android phones and a few motos and samsungs as well here and there and 20 windows phone users!!
Most of them had 1320s , 520s,1520s and a few 525 and 720 users here and there
While talking in general about phones I realised windows phone 8.1 is what brought most of them to get a windows phone recently
They love the large screen and camera of the 1320 and none of them felt a lack of apps,only a few people wanted a few banking apps they were alright otherwise
A friend of mine at uni lost his iPhone somehow in a shaft accidentally and was going to get a moto x but seeing the 1520 he increased his budget and got a 1520 instead and couldn't be happier
I have a feeling windows phone has a great future atleast in India amongst us students and younger devs etc
There are a few who put down the windows phone users by cracking jokes about lack of apps but when asked which apps were missing they were speechless when they realised the apps they asked about were already present on the WP store and were awed by the battery life,quality of phones and beauty of software
Microsoft should keep it up!! Wp8.1 has really impressed us youths and more people are leaving android and even iPhone users want a windows phone as their primary phone
The 630 may not have made a splash as such but despite that people seem happy with the phones design etc and didn't mind paying a little extra for it(2-3 girls in my class),1320 is more popular followed by the 1520

App gap is decreasing but the main concern is the quality..Top apps of WP sucks and can't do the basic features..So Microsoft should give their priority in quality rather than in quantity..Regarding local apps WP has pretty good collection of apps.I found almost all the banks have official apps.Irctc official is available only on WP..

Firdaus Edymainoe

Jul 12, 2014
Visit site
Yeah! Everytime I talk about mobile phones with my colleagues, I'll always promote Windows Phone especially with the 8.1. I hope people will understand that Windows Phone OS is under Microsoft, not Nokia. Most of the time, people will bash Nokia for not having the same features and apps as Android and iOS.

Ma Rio

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
I'm the only one in my whole social circle who has a Windows Phone.
I saw only 1 or 2 more WPs in the whole city. Completely overrun by crappy Androids, and a few iPhones (only the "cool" kids, and a few hipsters).
Whatever, IDC, I'm not missing out, they are.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99