08-22-2014 09:08 AM
44 12
tools
    Hey can anyone tell me that ...if I update my Lumia 630 to 8.1update 1... Then it'll loose cyan features or not?????...and is there any problem regarding battery issue in update 1?????????
    Already did it to my cricket 630 you won't loose anything just gain in my opinion
    08-07-2014 02:40 PM
    I like the live folders with one exception. With every other part of Windows Phone, if you tap something to expand it, tapping the back button will contract it. Look at the calendar since 8.1. If you tap a day (in the month view, for instance), it expands showing appointments for that day. Tapping back contracts it. In alarms, if you tap snooze time (Update 1), it expands. Tapping back contracts.

But with Live Folders, you tap the folder to expand it, and tapping back does not contract it unless there is nothing in your back stack. I don't like the inconsistency.
    jojoe42 and RumoredNow like this.
    08-07-2014 03:30 PM
    08-07-2014 03:37 PM
    I think the Live Folders is good as it is. I waited so much for such a feature! :)
    08-08-2014 06:29 AM
    I like the live folders with one exception. With every other part of Windows Phone, if you tap something to expand it, tapping the back button will contract it. Look at the calendar since 8.1. If you tap a day (in the month view, for instance), it expands showing appointments for that day. Tapping back contracts it. In alarms, if you tap snooze time (Update 1), it expands. Tapping back contracts.

But with Live Folders, you tap the folder to expand it, and tapping back does not contract it unless there is nothing in your back stack. I don't like the inconsistency.
    It works with my 820. try to reset your phone.
    08-11-2014 06:52 PM
    @hopmedic: Exact dame with me! I keep hitting back hoping it would contract. Really Hope they Will change That in the future.
    08-11-2014 07:07 PM

Works on the 810.
    08-11-2014 09:00 PM
    @hopmedic: Exact dame with me! I keep hitting back hoping it would contract. Really Hope they Will change That in the future.
    Working on my 1320...
    08-12-2014 04:39 AM
    The people who are quoting me and saying it works really need to go back and read my first post, because they just don't get it.
    08-12-2014 08:45 AM
    YES!!!

PICK ONE NOW!!!

You must decide: Live Tiles or Extra Column.

You have 48 hours to declare your allegiance. Then the two camps fight to the death.

​Just kidding, of course. It's simply more choice in how you make Windows Phone uniquely yours.
    08-12-2014 11:53 AM
    YES!!!

PICK ONE NOW!!!

You must decide: Live Tiles or Extra Column.

You have 48 hours to declare your allegiance. Then the two camps fight to the death.

​Just kidding, of course. It's simply more choice in how you make Windows Phone uniquely yours.
    Why not both?
    08-20-2014 07:03 AM
    So I have installed Update 1 and I'm loving the new live folders (respect to Nokia as I can see their influence on the design). I got to thinking though, doesn't the live folders make the extra column option for the start screen redundant(possibly not the right word but the idea is the same). The whole point of the extra column was to add more tiles but now with live folders you can have all the tiles you want but organized tidily by group and aptly named.

Does anyone else think this?
    You can have three live folders next to each other. :)
    08-20-2014 07:03 AM
    Why not both?
    Sorry my joke based on the drastic language of the thread title went past you... even after I spelled out "Just kidding" in the post!!!!

Use whatever you like as often as you want.

At no time was any serious intent implied, nor should you have inferred any.

If you like, I can send you and everyone in the thread a personalized apology PM. <<<<< WARNING THIS IS MEANT AS HUMOR - PLEASE DO NOT POST ASKING ME TO DO THIS!!!!! IT IS NOT IN ANY WAY OR BY ANY MEANS A SERIOUS STATEMENT - JOKE ALERT - JOKE ALERT - JOKE ALERT!!!!!
    08-20-2014 07:59 AM
    Would love to option to go back to 2 columns on my 930, i came from a 625 4.7" display at 2 columns)
    3 rows is too much and makes it look messy and small.....
    So 2 columns and the option for folders is my taste of WP.
    08-20-2014 12:55 PM
    Would love to option to go back to 2 columns on my 930, i came from a 625 4.7" display at 2 columns)
    3 rows is too much and makes it look messy and small.....
    So 2 columns and the option for folders is my taste of WP.
    Do you not have the option to change to 2 columns on the 930? Settings => start + theme, then scroll down and set Show more Tiles to Off.
    08-20-2014 08:33 PM
    Do you not have the option to change to 2 columns on the 930? Settings => start + theme, then scroll down and set Show more Tiles to Off.
    5" displays and larger are kicked to three columns automatically and there is no toggle as of now.
    RumoredNow and aikidaves like this.
    08-20-2014 08:51 PM
    5" displays and larger are kicked to three columns automatically and there is no toggle as of now.
    That is what I suspected... But had no confirmation of (until now) so did not post...

​Thanks xan.
    08-21-2014 11:09 AM
    I have Lumia 630 and no folder options? Im new to windows phone, so how do I get it?
    08-21-2014 11:28 PM
    I have Lumia 630 and no folder options? Im new to windows phone, so how do I get it?
    It's coming in update 1 for 8.1 that's due out soon. We have it becoz we are on DP. Hope this helps.
    Gloria Barros likes this.
    08-22-2014 09:08 AM
44 12