Live Folders - The Impact

DreadVenom

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
So I have installed Update 1 and I'm loving the new live folders (respect to Nokia as I can see their influence on the design). I got to thinking though, doesn't the live folders make the extra column option for the start screen redundant(possibly not the right word but the idea is the same). The whole point of the extra column was to add more tiles but now with live folders you can have all the tiles you want but organized tidily by group and aptly named.

Does anyone else think this?

loofmodnar

Dec 14, 2010
www.loofmodnar.com
Nah, I've got extra tiles and folders on my 520. I like the extra column for more medium live tiles and I'm using the folders for pinning playlists/music to the start screen as a sort of quick play function.

tropolite

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
I find I really like both Live Folders and the extra column of tiles. The extra column balances the screen real estate quite nicely and now with Live Folders, these just organise the live tiles into very cohesive and structured design.

A really nice job by Microsoft...

Ashish Gupta888

Retired Ambassador
Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
Start Screen and App List lag when Live folders are used with background picture on Start Screen. It feels smooth if you switch it to default phone accent. Other than that, Live Folders are awesome :)

nishchay mishra1

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
Hey can anyone tell me that ...if I update my Lumia 630 to 8.1update 1... Then it'll loose cyan features or not?????...and is there any problem regarding battery issue in update 1?????????

anism

Jan 29, 2014
Visit site
Can i anyone confirm if we can group individual contacts in the live folder or group group whatsapp chat groups. Thanks

Kram Sacul

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
So I have installed Update 1 and I'm loving the new live folders (respect to Nokia as I can see their influence on the design). I got to thinking though, doesn't the live folders make the extra column option for the start screen redundant(possibly not the right word but the idea is the same). The whole point of the extra column was to add more tiles but now with live folders you can have all the tiles you want but organized tidily by group and aptly named.

I think it's the other way around. 3 columns make live folders seem unnecessary.

Ult J

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
Honestly i'm loving the live folders. Now i can have it more structured and have more tiles on the screen which i wouldn't have previously had.
Emails were four small tiles now fit in a small live folder. MINT.
i used to have just a games tile. now games live folder with my top played games.
whatsapp tile has been replaced with a whatspp folder with different groups pinned in there as well. Too awesome.
same thing with facebook

Alexandre Borges

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
i actually set the tiles to the "normal" organization after using the live folders. is nice to have the text bigger again since i'm using a 4.3" screen.

so, for someone like me, yes.

jojoe42

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
I'm using live folders to decrease the length of my Start screen and also pin some apps in the folders that I wanted to have (without having too many opaque tiles blocking up my Start background). Third row of tiles is almost necessary for me, went to use a friend's 925 with 2 columns and the larger tiles made me feel like the phone was designed for people with vision issues (not me yet :p)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo