Can I transfer SMS from one windows account to another?

EN-Esty

May 30, 2014
Visit site
So as the thread title says I'm wondering if it's possible to transfer SMS messages from one windows account to another. I'll be using the same phone (L920) and the same number but not the same primary email address. While I'm aware there is a setting for backing up messages I'm worried these are just stored to my email so this won't be a lot of use to me. Is there any way to export and import these messages to my new windows account? If this is not possible would having my old account as a secondary email address allow me to import the messages?
Thanks for any help,
Esty

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I highly doubt you can move them around easily like that.

Have you looked into email aliases? I have two or three addresses that correspond with my single MS email.

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
You could change your alias on your email at outlook.com and get a new email address. That would be the only way you could do it. IT would be the same account.

Sent from my Surface Pro 3 using Tapatalk

EN-Esty

May 30, 2014
Visit site
Thank you for your suggestions but I've one last idea I'd like to try before this because I'm not able to merge two microsoft accounts or add either as an alias of the other (I hope they add support for this in the future). In the meantime as the backup is saved to onedrive I wondered if it might be possible to sign out of my current account and into my new one and then perform a backup again, hopefully saving my SMS to my new account. Unfortunately this seems to involve reverting from 8.1 back to 8 as they've removed the option to sign out of your onedrive account in 8.1. I'm not optimistic this is going to work but it's worth a go :)

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
If you've another Windows Phone you could always try "Transfer My Data" app to backup your messages to the intermediate phone, then after setting up your 920, import the messages again. If you don't have a secondary Windows phone, may be another platform? I'm not sure if Android or IOS has any similar apps

envio

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
If you're keeping the same phone and the same SIM/phone number, you simply create a new alias for your existing Microsoft account. Then you can make that alias the primary address and remove the secondary one later, at your leisure. Creating a separate Microsoft account will mean that you will lose your all your existing purchases and history, Xbox achievements so you won't just have SMS messages to worry about, it'll be everything else too.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett