When did you find out about Windows Phone and how?

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
Despite the Windows Phone Ads appearing in the UK in 2012. I didn't really find out about the platform until October 2013 when I was looking on the internet for a new phone. I was surprised when I found out there was a windows mobile released over a decade ago and there were windows phone 7 phones available since 2010! I really thought the only phones were androids and iPhones. Look at me now on a forum for windows phone.

Basically, post here when you found out about this windows platform and how you found out about it. I'm sure I'm not the only one who didn't know there were windows phones in 2010.

spaulagain

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
I've been on WP since the launch of WP7. I found out about it when Microsoft first announced but had been intrigued by what MS was doing after using a Zune and using Zune Desktop app to manage my music. I had always used Windows, but I could tell MS was on to something so I was pretty excited yet expecting something when they launched WP7.

Ashalinia

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
I heard a radio ad for WP 7.5 a long time ago and I wasn't really all that interested (I had a flip phone at the time.) One day I decided it was time for me to get a smartphone and that ad came back to me in my head, so I did some research and ordered the Lumia 710.

roni09riku

May 20, 2014
Visit site
Last year, around January, my parents asked me what I wanted for my birthday and graduation (they're a few days apart) which will be in 2 months time and I was thinking of upgrading my phone. I was using a really beat up N73 that time, and I decided I should get a proper smartphone. Not wanting to leave Nokia (the durability and reliability of Nokia phones are really remarkable), I searched the net and found out that they've been making Windows Phones. A few weeks later my aunt bought a Lumia 610 and I thought it was a perfect time to test it. I tried it and found it very comfortable to use. I looked for the best one I can get with my budget, so that's how I ended up with my Lumia 900. And for my birthday this year, I got a Lumia 1520 as an upgrade again. lol

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
When did you find out about Windows Phone and how?

September 2013 surfing Amazon for a phone I noticed the 521 with decent reviews and a low price
If that hadn't of happened I'd be on an Android phone defending my choice on another forum...

It's about cost in relation to benefit for me.
This is why I will never bow to the latest and greatest on any platform.

SteveSAPA

May 12, 2014
Visit site
Up until January this year i had no idea there was a windows phone. It wasn't until i bought a surface pro 2 & i really liked it & found out about the wp on the surface forum. Im glad i did.

aa125690

Apr 9, 2008
Visit site
Ever since I owned an O? Xda Atom Life, (as my first phone too,) I have been well aware of the progress of Microsoft's mobile OS. I decided to leave for a while when I heard about WM7 being dropped and the reinvention of WP7, but eventually decided to come back through the Lumia 520. With the big progress Microsoft has made since WP8.1, I do not regret coming back, knowing that there will be more ahead.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I don't remember, I guess it was always there somewhere in the background while I had my iOS and Palm OS adventures. (I remember theming my iPod to mimic the WP7.0 start screen, looked great, just used a lot of RAM.)\
Probably just from my usual frequenting of tech sites, I was always at treocentral, precentral though, and not wmexperts at the time.

vakama94

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
I found out about Windows Phone when Telcel started advertising the LG Optimus 7 here in Mexico. I think I also saw the announcement on other sites and I was pretty excited to see how the phones worked and when I had the opportunity I used the Optimus 7 and came impressed because it was really fast compared to the BlackBerry I had.

kumar_rajan5000

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
I came to know when I first show windows phone 7 in my friends hand. I got fan of that. Then after the launch of wp8 with Lumia 520 . It's advertisement entered my mind and I got fascinated with it and I bought that last year. And from then I never regretted.

Hi Fadia

Jan 14, 2014
Visit site
Through my brother
He bought a Samsung Ativ S for himself and my aunt, I liked it so I asked my dad to get me one after my Nokia n97 stopped working

Ashwin J Pillai

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
I knew about it when 800 was released in India and almost bought a 510 when my dad said a straight no for it and later my friend brought a 620 and was happy with the interface and then I brought a 520 for my graduation and now regretting that I should have brought a 720 and enjoying the envy of Android users.....

anon(8921886)

Jun 12, 2014
Visit site
I was searching at Wikipedia about Microsoft. In the history part was a bit about Windows mobile. I was reading further about Windows mobile and came to know about Windows phone.

I started watching videos about it, collected screenshots, read more about it.

At this time, I had a Samsung galaxy Y. I absolute hated it. It was slow, Android was horrible.

I always loved Nokia, so I bought my Nokia Lumia 520.

ssapre

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Was due for a new handset, was almost on the steps of getting a new HTC device and then saw the Windows Phones coming out. I got 710, upgraded later and now on Icon.

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
I was searching at Wikipedia about Microsoft. In the history part was a bit about Windows mobile. I was reading further about Windows mobile and came to know about Windows phone.

I started watching videos about it, collected screenshots, read more about it.

At this time, I had a Samsung galaxy Y. I absolute hated it. It was slow, Android was horrible.

I always loved Nokia, so I bought my Nokia Lumia 520.
I know your pain, I'm using a galaxy y now to replace my 620. It's absolutely terrible.

SAM 77

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
I held out for a long time waiting for something different to Android and Iphone. I knew of WP 7 but there were too many basic features missing for me to consider it.
When WP8 came out it was pretty easy to make a choice and I chose a 820. In hindsight I should have picked up a 920 or waited a lil longer for the 925 but I have no regrets with my current phone. Its been durable and easy to repair and am really satisfied with how WP8 has evolved over the time period I have been using it.
I do miss not having an official app for Formula 1 but hopefully next year us WP F1 fans will not miss out.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa