Microsoft is in "TROUBLE" maybe?

wpfan1995

Apr 19, 2014
Visit site
wp_ss_20140805_0005.png
wp_ss_20140805_0006.png

From above pic i assume that Apple can sue Microsoft!
After updating to Windows Phone 8.1 Update 1 there were many rumors about IE11 that "IE11 is somewhat acting like a Safari Browser of iOS7"
I didn't believe it first but then i saw a post in a windowsphone news site!! :amaze:
LINK: WP8.1 Update 1’s IE User agent pretends to be Android 4.0 and iOS 7, good enough to fool GMail | WMPoweruser
They said that the Webkit that is used in WP8.1 update 1 is same as iOS7 or Andriod 4.0
Mozilla/5.0 (Mobile; Windows Phone 8.1; Android 4.0; ARM; Trident/7.0; Touch; rv:11.0; IEMobile/11.0; NOKIA; Lumia 930) like iPhone OS 7_0_3 Mac OS X AppleWebKit/537 (KHTML, like Gecko) Mobile Safari/537

Even I Clicked the Youtube app that is suggested by Google itself in the above pic and LOL it redirected me into itunes store!! :evil::evil::evil:

What You Guys Think About This??? Is it Great to have a user experience like iOS7 browser(Safari) or Microsoft really need to build own Webkit for better browsing stuff?

StephanW

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
WebKit is the engine behind it and is used in more browsers. There's just one thing wrong with IE: The reputation. No matter what they'll do the serious guys won't use it anymore on the desktops. Only reason I use it is because there's no Chrome or Firefox on Windows Phone 8. And would Apple sue Microsoft for this? I don't think so, because like you said:

Even I Clicked the Youtube app that is suggested by Google itself in the above pic and LOL it redirected me into itunes store!!

That's just too sad to be true. I remember iTunes for Windows, "It's like giving a glass of ice water to someone in hell" and this is a little the same. Yes, it might work better but it comes with totally useless features.

wpfan1995

Apr 19, 2014
Visit site
Oh yeah IE had really hardtimes on Desktop though it is working pretty great on phone actually after updating to DP WP8.1 Update 1!
And Mozilla is working on browser app for Windows phone(maybe).. Heard the news somewhere don't know the actual release date!
Till then i think i can bear the IE11 :)

trwrt

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Microsoft hasn't adopted WebKit, they just changed the browser user agent to get sites to send their fancy HTML instead of the simple HTML that we had been getting. Nobody is going to sue anybody for this. Having said that, I agree that in the long term it is probably a mistake, they will never get bug-for-bug compatibility with WebKit so there are always going to be some problems on various sites. At least with the simple HTML you know you get something that renders correctly.

PabsTheGeek

Jul 13, 2014
Visit site
Its actually the developers of the websites that's the problem. All their mobile sites are designed purely for ios and android. Don't blame Microsoft, blame the sites developer for not handling IE11 mobile

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium