POLL: Lumia phones should be all getting updates directly from Microsoft!

anon(5344685)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Hello,

Guys I would like to know whether you would prefer Lumia phones to be like NEXUS phones from Google or iPhones in terms of its OS updates policy (means skipping carrier testing and being delivered as soon as public preview is over).

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
Hello,

Guys I would like to know whether you would prefer Lumia phones to be like NEXUS phones from Google or iPhones in terms of its OS updates policy.

Dude it's not Microsoft's decision. Nexus phones can only be bought with no carrier. Apple tells the carriers a deadline to update their phones or they will not be able to sell iPhones. However Microsoft Doesn't have that choice. Due to Market Share however country variant phones (no contract) should get updates straight away since there are no carriers involved.

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
But this is what I don't understand, now since they own Nokia they should be able to force the same policy as Apple has.
To be real tough they should have never been giving this freedom since the beginning.

Microsoft does not have the clout with carriers that Apple has. If Microsoft tried to use Apple's tactics, the carriers would probably tell them to go fly a proverbial kite.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre