How badly MS mucked up everyone with 8.1DP

Status
Not open for further replies.

thefanfx

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
Horrible marketing slap....

How badly MS kicked us in the face with this 8.1DP and the mess after that with the official 8.1 Cyan update.

First of all , why because some limited corporate group with BitLocker issue , we all have to suffer well. We were forced to complete such pain in the as** procedure like downgrade with their full with bugs and not so responsive so called Recovery tool .... which as I expected failed to do the job ..(as thousands of other users reporting too) but at least it failed to brick the device as well .... good for my health.

Why i have to stay on nails and prey every-time when such procedures are required and why the hell such a process should be required except from some technicians inside the MS labs.......

no TBA for fixing this "joke" BitLocker issue ? Very well done again

So lets consolidate all the good news in one word: HORROR .... pure low budget .... unprofessional cast HORROR

For these who are still thinking to try this DOWNGRADE procedure just to reach CYAN ... DO NOT DO IT if you are attached to your device or your budget is not in best shape to get new one.

"Wait for it" till MS find the miracle "CURE" so you can get Cyan with 8.1 DP Update 1

Till then , keep it as it is , if it works great , it will work at same way even after CYAN , you will find almost no difference

... just another day from my life owning L1520

Thanks MS , without your influence my life will be so calm and stress free......

thefanfx

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
Exactly that's why they have no rights to block my access to CYAN because of some limited group. Its their own fault which dosent concern most of us ....

HelloLudger

Jul 5, 2014
Visit site
Please, sell your 1520 and buy a Moto X/G/Nexus.

I don't give a **** that I can't install Cyan on my 920 yet. I already run Update 1. The fact that Firmware and OS is independent from each other, and OS isn't hold back by TelCos is remarkable.
Sent from my Lumia 920 using Tapatalk.

thefanfx

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
Please, sell your 1520 and buy a Moto X/G/Nexus.

I don't give a **** that I can't install Cyan on my 920 yet. I already run Update 1. The fact that Firmware and OS is independent from each other, and OS isn't hold back by TelCos is remarkable.

If that's your solution for every issue .... ask for help mate....

Nitesh Kamath

Aug 7, 2014
Visit site
Yes - any DP build (including 8.1 update) will ALSO get new device firmware when it becomes available for your device.
Tweet by Joe Belfiore

thefanfx

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
Yes - any DP build (including 8.1 update) will ALSO get new device firmware when it becomes available for your device.
Tweet by Joe Belfiore

with no TBA is like to wait till forever + 1 more day

And 8.1 was available for DP , or at least some lucky users said it was , and now its blocked because some small group of corporate idiots with BitLocker installed

simon.b

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
1. They gonna fix it
2. Your phone works even without Cyan
3. You took part in a developer preview

I guess in the future you should refrain from taking part in the developer preview program because when the update is finally rolling out to all it had the necessary testing.

EDIT: They are also not f** up everyone.

HelloLudger

Jul 5, 2014
Visit site
You are obviously very unhappy with this product and the is no need for you to live in misery. Just free yourself from this awful device and live happily ever after.

Microsoft has no chance to please you. You don't want the risky DP program and you don't like it when they play it safe with withholding the Cyan update until it is safe to install.

Put your money where your mouth is and leave this sinking ship behind. Grass is always greener on the other side of the fence.

ReconVirus

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
I'm guessing the only point of this thread is so you can b**ch about how YOU think its unfair to go through the hassle of downgrade.... Why did you join the dp in the first place? You should have stayed 8.. Grd 3 in the first place.

thefanfx

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
You are obviously very unhappy with this product and the is no need for you to live in misery. Just free yourself from this awful device and live happily ever after.

Microsoft has no chance to please you. You don't want the risky DP program and you don't like it when they play it safe with withholding the Cyan update until it is safe to install.

Put your money where your mouth is and leave this sinking ship behind. Grass is always greener on the other side of the fence.

See ..

I'm huge MS fan , i use to be a huge Nokia fan

I still own my Nokia 8800 and all my tablets , PC and all devices are MS oriented.

Its the last Nokia branded device which i really want to keep

and to face all this negative wave ... starting from half backed hardware with tons of issues and ending with such a horrible 8.0 version on it ... and even after all this i was keeping the hope alive ....

So no , i will not sell my device , and i will not replace it simply because i will receive the same half backed hardware (just look what the other users are reporting after replacement or after 5 replacements)

I will push and push till they fix it , because as customer i have the right to complain

thefanfx

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
I'm guessing the only point of this thread is so you can b**ch about how YOU think its unfair to go through the hassle of downgrade.... Why did you join the dp in the first place? You should have stayed 8.. Grd 3 in the first place.

Nope . my complain is about not getting CYAN because of bunch of idiots with BitLocker installed

amrut_m

Mar 3, 2013
Visit site
MS/NOKIA did not force you to update to developer preview, It was you, it was us POWER USERs, who signed up as developers and updated to developer preview.
You knew what the issues you mite face or what your phone end up, but still you updated your phone to developer preview.

Their are 80% of WP users who dont know whats developer preview,
heck some dont even know their phone recive updates.
And their are some people who wait for the official updates.
May be its time for you to JOIN their side.

pedmar007

Jun 17, 2014
Visit site
Are people really this DAFT??? It's a DP meaning it's not OFFICIAL and yet when you have issues you complain yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy. It's like going to burger king ordering a meal, hearing it's not ready yet, you still ask for the half completed meal and complain because it doesn't taste right!!! It's a DP plain and simple, install test for a bit then f...g uninstall until the official comes out. What's so hard about that?? Some haven't installed the WP8.1 DP or the update for it because they know it's not the finished article and instead of sounding well........, they're waiting for the finished article.

thefanfx

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
MS/NOKIA did not force you to update to developer preview, It was you, it was us POWER USERs, who signed up as developers and updated to developer preview.
You knew what the issues you mite face or what your phone end up, but still you updated your phone to developer preview.

Their are 80% of WP users who dont know whats developer preview,
heck some dont even know their phone recive updates.
And their are some people who wait for the official updates.
May be its time for you to JOIN their side.

Very well then , they should leave me to install CYAN as well on my own Risk , but it looks like it works only in one direction ....

David P2

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site

Exactly... if you're not willing to accept the risks of partaking in this sort of thing, don't bother. Why do you think beta/preview software programmes have disclaimers such as "don't use on live/production hardware" or your primary device? If you do that then you must accept the consequences that go along with it.

thefanfx

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
Are people really this DAFT??? It's a DP meaning it's not OFFICIAL and yet when you issues you complain yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy. It's like going to burger king ordering a meal, hearing it's not ready yet, you still ask for the half completed meal and complain because it doesn't taste right!!! It's a DP plain and simple, install test for a bit then f...g uninstall until the official comes out. What's so hard about that?? Some haven't installed the WP8.1 DP or the update for it because they know it's not the finished article and instead of sounding well........, they're waiting for the finished article.

So for example if you wait long enough like 100 years at the end you will get what you should have already ?

Very well , then i wish you to have opportunity to get Merc S600 but with engine from Fiat Punto with assurance that soon they will replace the engine you already paid for in near TBA future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb