Wish list for GDR 2 in the next Lumia firmware.

Kunal Dudwadkar

Nov 7, 2013
Visit site
-I wish Microsoft just gives us the Damn 3G lock. Waiting for it since forever.
-Also the old photos hub was amazing, want that back too. This one looks stupid and boring, plus all my whatsapp images show as soon as photos is opened which I don't want

elmacijr

Aug 7, 2014
Visit site
- Plugins/add-ons for IE. Wouldn't it be great to have adblock and flash player and such in your phone?

- The app list needs something, it looks too empty and dull with black/white background that is 95% of the screen. Perhaps backgrounds like you can have in Windows 8 in the Start menu (from Windows' own library)
- Option to select whether you like to use the background as the tiles or wallpaper behind the tiles and having the opacity of the tiles lowered a bit (-> would look better if they gave us a possibility to have wallpaper in the app list and I don't know how it would look like when in the tiles menu the background is black but in the apps list it suddenly changes to wallpaper.)​

DoctorSaline

Jul 9, 2014
Visit site
1) RSS feed integration into the OS through "me tile" like SEF. For news.
2) Forums integration into the OS. (I'd love to use WPcentral forums from within the OS). :high five:

Lukas Wilk

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
USB-OTG, the old photo hub, some sort of folders in the app list or anything to categorize them, IE plugins, the opportunity to install different browsers like Firefox or chrome

Nokia5110

Feb 5, 2014
Visit site
Put tiles from the bottom or where I want them.
OTG
USB data tethering
Search contacts from phone dialer
Truly mobile Skype!
Ability to delete Cortana, Xbox movie & music.
Remove unwanted apps from my apps in store.

dark_raven132

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
- Live start screen background
- Put background image on the app list.
- Old photo hub
- Deeper social media integration.
- Folder on app list

-

praveen9779

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site
1. data toggle switch in quick action center
2.there should b complete redesign of app list if the app list is big with no. of apps if don't know the app name i installed,have to go search by scrolling n only 1 app in a row takes lot of time
3.music while being played should b controlled from notification center
4.one hand operation for big screens
5.smart phonedailer

anon(8921886)

Jun 12, 2014
Visit site
? when a contact has watchapp (or other app) show an Watchapp button in the contact info list)
? USB tethering
? USB on the go
? Background colors (not just black and white)
? Options in apps for choosing the the color (Xbox green, twitter blue...) or transparent for backgrounds image
? Cortana in the Netherlands :)
? IE plugin system (for addblock+)
? RSS integration
? voice recorder
? ad sections in settings list so things are better to find.

Brandon Tobias

May 6, 2014
Visit site
good stuff the maps as lock screen should work only if one is driving and using a navigation app in my opinion
added some stuff to the list that i didnt think off or was thinking off and remembered after others posted it

KPAkiller

Jun 4, 2014
Visit site
I find it mind boggling how basic things haven't been implemented I mean this is Microsoft who have been a software company for years. I was amazed how things like folder support and other bits aren't automatically on WP. It is windows after all..

Brandon Tobias

May 6, 2014
Visit site
Holding down the Cortana button and saying turn on quiet hours is too difficult?

i agree but if you don't have location (GPS) on cuz it drains my battery fast then a tile would be faster ....
Cortana needs to not be so location dependant to function ...
Windows Phone needs to follow android and use cellular and WiFi to triangulate location its always on already and saves power.
IF you want more accurate location then GPS will be on along with the others once you turn it on... or the GPS antenna turns on once the app requests it for more accurate location sensing and turns off when WiFi and cellular triangulation is sufficient ...

the GPS thing is in my list lower down

Brandon Tobias

May 6, 2014
Visit site
I find it mind boggling how basic things haven't been implemented I mean this is Microsoft who have been a software company for years. I was amazed how things like folder support and other bits aren't automatically on WP. It is windows after all..

IKR the came out after android and IOS you would think they would have the Basics that the others have down then add killer features after but MS has gotten lazy bloated and arrogant but thats changing with this new CEO ...

KPAkiller

Jun 4, 2014
Visit site
Cloud first mobile first etc.. But of course desktop is important and universal apps.

Wish list:

Option to make any apps background color black or white.

Prettier looking live folder tiles

Always listening Cortana i.e. saying the word "Cortana" at any time will launch a mini Cortana window taking up half the screen and offers a preview. When the request is met either say "Launch" to see the result fullscreen or "Thanks" to dismiss. (if the preview answered your question)

Last edited:

ssjmec

Mar 7, 2013
Visit site
-Internet sharing through USB
-RGB Color calibration (Different from color profile. My brother can do this in his nexus 5, wonder if it is possible on AMOLED? Screen really displays wrong color thus wasting brilliant camera)
-old photos hub

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa