Wish list for GDR 2 in the next Lumia firmware.

DennisvdG

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
I would like:
-60fps video recording (the snapdragon 800 is capable so why not?)
-camera improvements for newer hardware like my 930 (the 930's camera is disappointing coming from a 920)
-fix for the purple display bug on the 930

What would you like to get with gdr2?

fredd

Feb 15, 2008
Visit site
I would like to see a the ability to block pop ups in the internet exp. I cannot use my windows phone for one of my companies at work because everytime i try it a message pops up and says : Pop ups must be turned of to do this task or something like that. My co worker has no problem with her android.

Habib Dagher

Aug 7, 2014
Visit site
- Copy/Cut/Paste clip tray to copy and paste multiple texts across multiple apps with ease

- Smart dialing (listing names as you dial #'s on pad) AND include cursor in dialing box so u can edit a number pressed previously and not have to go backspace-delete to edit or delete...

- More integrated sharing apps (WhatsApp/Instagram...) to appear on any share option for pics/videos.. sometimes only the Bluetooth/Email/NFC share options appear

- More integration for contacts with the related apps (once I add a contact, his WhatsApp/Viber etc.. affiliations would appear from within the contact file and not only manage to find them through the communication app itself)

- When Screen shot is taken, a notification on the notification bar with a shortcut to the photo with editing shortcuts would make it a lot easier to crop and share on the spot...

- A simpler editing interface (crop/color) for photos... instead of having to go through various clicks and apps to reach into the Nokia editing suite per pic..

- Deeper integration of the status updates/notifications within the tiles live/folders of any app, especially news apps, social media...

- Multiple window view for operating multiple tasks simultaneously

- The option to expand a folder or tile to occupy a whole horizontal column space or the option to expand them downwards into a longitudinal form

- Enabling live background wallpapers (galaxies. tunnel effects, etc... ) with the same parallax effect

- Syncing of in-app data (after the update, i lost all the purchases i made in Tank Invaders game)

- Fave apps option in Store, for apps that i want to check out later

- Ability to group apps or change the view of the apps in the App section, scrolling down and up all the way is tiresome sometimes, if not most of the time..

- Ability to enable call recording with 3rd party apps. sometimes its needed for various reasons

Just suggestions.. Love the phone, love the OS and the updates/'changes, totally abandoned Android with my Nokia Lumia 1520

Last edited:

Jajna

Jul 25, 2014
Visit site
I would suggest Cortana to integrate with true caller or she may directly tell or show the name of the unknown number when we get any call. Now how Cortana reading messages whenever its coming like this way cortana will tell the name

AbhishekSinha1601

May 14, 2014
Visit site
First of all, a faster OS. The "Resuming..." screen is very much irritating. All thanks to Silverlight API.

A z-index for apps for 3rd dimensional view. Just as Facebook messenger frame over any app on just as in Android.

Faster animations at 60fps

USB otg support

Addition of more and more APIs for better app development.

A translucent background everywhere. Enough of black & white.

A good task manager to free up memory and monitor running applications.

theshowman

Feb 19, 2014
Visit site
My fav list is:
- Bluetooth profile selection
- drop list wrap around like it does in windows 8.1 (ie, if you have a large drop list like list of countries, and you need to go all the way to the end, you have to scroll tap alot)
- ability to edit a sequence list. ie in calendar, instead of scrolling to get to the number, just a quick edit would be nice so you don't have to scroll up/down all the time. Mind you, with Cortana now, it is much easier to add an entry into the calendar.
- quick scroll button to go to the end of webpage in IE11 or other internet explorer wrappers (I love UC browser). So, if you are going up/down a webpage, you can go to the end or the top quickly
- a scroll bar on a webpage to quickly hover over a page
- I find that after update to 8.1, the response to tiles is not always happening. I need to tap often more than once to initiate an action
- I find that the live tiles aren't always updating. Not sure if it is systematic or app specific. Notice it a lot with the bing finance app

and list goes on ....

Trevor Wolfe

Dec 3, 2013
Visit site
Actionable notifications, album art and pause back buttons for music on lock screen. Skype integration like facetime. Better alarms app with stopwatch/timer integration.

charlienk

Aug 7, 2014
Visit site
-Hands free cotana (Hey Cortana, text dave and tell him I'm stuck in traffic)
-The ability to tell cortana to set timer for 5 mins
-Live tile interaction (skip, pause, next news story, next email... )
-Attach company logo into signature block of an email.

peacefulberry

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
Notification light for missed calls, messages, emails, etc..., horizontal start screen and more auto rotation compatibility, ability to resize/customize keyboard, better multitasking/split screen capabilities, and full touch version of office.

iNoPhone

May 29, 2014
Visit site
Selecting and managing multiple tiles/apps on Start Screen and App List (pin, unpin, uninstall, enable or disable live tile, just like Windows 8)

EspHack

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
-adblock plus for IE
-no resuming screens
-no google
-homegroup sharing(like desktop windows you know, sharing files between local wifi connected computers..)
-landscape mode for EVERY part of the OS
-let music play when on call, option to reduce it by 80-50% at least(like on desktop windows for communication options)
-make cortana work on the background when long pressing the search key, don't bring it to the foreground unless there is something you need to SEE, for example, if I ask about the weather it could just reply to my verbally, I don't need to stop what im doing and go to another app to do that, what is the convenience of talking to your phone in the first place then?

hjs2396

Mar 23, 2014
Visit site
1)Bring back the integration of facebook just like wp8
2)faster OS
3) official facebook app from facebook.inc if you cant bring back the integration
4) convert apps and games for 512 MB ram
5) Xbox music and video apps must be faster

prcm

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
-Hands free cotana (Hey Cortana, text dave and tell him I'm stuck in traffic)
-The ability to tell cortana to set timer for 5 mins
-Live tile interaction (skip, pause, next news story, next email... )
-Attach company logo into signature block of an email.
You have some great ideas, but when you say handsfree, are you referring to the likes of Android's Google Now feature where you simply have the mic turned on at all times? Because that makes me extremely uncomfortable.

brdloch

Dec 14, 2013
Visit site
VPN Cisco IPsec with GroupName authentication support.
MP4, MKV and subtitles playback with default video player (no Xbox Video).

Jonnie LasVegas

May 15, 2014
Visit site
I'd like to see the photo hub and games hub come back. Now the photos area is stale and boring. It used to be so awesome and lively. Also miss games hub and Xbox live extras (don't know why they got rid of that).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss