What pains you most in Windows Phone?

masterchief1984

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
the fact that microsoft is all over the place with everything instead of taking things on one at a time. xbox music is to laugh facebook and instagram have been in beta forever and dont let me get started on vine

portalfocus

May 11, 2013
Visit site
1. Sometimes when scrolling the devices do a tap.
2. Skype app is not good enough
3. It should communicate more with windows 8.1 already
4. Office hub/tools can be improve
5. No background download

Jan Tomsic

May 8, 2013
Visit site
The awful email experience. It's. The. Worst.

I like emails on WP.
'Report spam' button would be useful, but other than that it's pretty great. I get everything done just fine.

What bugs me the most is that hubs have been removed, accessing lenses take two taps in Nokia Camera, clipboard is really short, I've had copied text lost so many times already.

As mentioned before, background downloading would be nice. I really don't have anything useful to do while I'm waiting for 130MB of maps to download.
Better support for background services, like SIP. WP can act like a SIP phone only if you leave the app running in foreground, if you so much want to check emails, you're offline. It doesn't bother me for personal use, but I know if I get a chance to choose my work phone in future, I'm picking up an android (xperia, preferably)

It really bugs me that they change how things work in OS. Great, there are hubs, awesome, I need three tiles on start and have quick access to all media and games. Now I need 4891 tiles to achieve the same. Well now we got (quite great, with few bugs) folders, so at least there is that.

Skype app is TERRIBLE! I can't believe this is a M$ app running on M$ OS, and it's awful. They need to fix it ASAP.

Oh, did I mention I miss hubs?

mjrtoo

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
The lack of proper support for most basic functions (like proper keyboard inputs for some languages) and limitations of many apps
The lack of what i consider key apps for my work.
The fact Nokia/MSFT misses a proper service in Taiwan (terrible staff)
The lack of any form of security/encryption whatsoever
The slowliness of updates that never really bring anything new except marginal improvements normally acclaimed by many users like the next best thing after sliced bread.
The utter indifference of Microsoft.

The rest, i can live with. (LOL)

Sounds like you should just move on. Why would you use a phone that you hate?

Force2Reckon

Aug 6, 2014
Visit site
it pains me that a simple/basic staple application has to be an "app" that you must download when it should be installed already in the phone (converter, voice recorder, calendar, timer, etc.)

TLRtheory

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
The way Xbox Live is being handled. Devs don't have to jump through hoops to support Apple's GameCenter or Google Play Game Services... but it's made to be completely damned inaccessible to support Xbox Live on Windows Phone.

I really like gaining achievements and climbing up the leaderboards on my smartphone because it truly is that portable Xbox experience... and Microsoft is sleeping on it.

eortizr

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
Actually I can't wait to go back to Android. WP8.1 still lacking and apps selection/quality still awful, Facebook is just a bad joke, and Youtube is non existence, I know mytube is there but still not as featured and fluid as official Youtube specially now that it supports 1080p, no Lyft app, no Google+, no NBA, no WatchESPN, no Time Warner Cable, it is just not for me. OS is fluid and and with 8.1 its catching up. But been Facebook and Youtube the apps that I use 60% of the time Windows Phone is not right.

maclancer

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site
Actually I can't wait to go back to Android. WP8.1 still lacking and apps selection/quality still awful, Facebook is just a bad joke, and Youtube is non existence, I know mytube is there but still not as featured and fluid as official Youtube specially now that it supports 1080p, no Lyft app, no Google+, no NBA, no WatchESPN, no Time Warner Cable, it is just not for me. OS is fluid and and with 8.1 its catching up. But been Facebook and Youtube the apps that I use 60% of the time Windows Phone is not right.
See ya playa.... We will not miss you... Enjoy your Android!

Alses

Jul 22, 2014
Visit site
Even though Spotify has improved a lot lately, there are still too many glitches… And it’s sometimes soooo sloooow. Otherwise, I like pretty much everything else especially PhysiBricks. :smile:

dezzilak

May 14, 2014
Visit site
Windows Phone is just not finished, it doesn't feel complete as the other OS's. I sorta miss Blackberry 10 after fighting with the damn email app on 8.1. It's useless. I'm enjoying this 1020 but boy I should've kept the Z10 for my emails.

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Windows Phone is just not finished, it doesn't feel complete as the other OS's. I sorta miss Blackberry 10 after fighting with the damn email app on 8.1. It's useless. I'm enjoying this 1020 but boy I should've kept the Z10 for my emails.

What exactly about the email app is it you don't like?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6