Do I need cyan?

redserpent7

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
I currently have WP 8.1 GDR 1 running on my Lumia 1020. I just want to understand what cyan add to the mix, does it fix things? improve battery life? Does it have additional Lumia specific features?

I am asking this because the downgrade and re update takes to much time and would like to know if I can just skip cyan. I don't really have major issues GDR 1 but if the experience can improve, I'm down for cyan

Akssingh

May 13, 2014
Visit site
I currently have WP 8.1 GDR 1 running on my Lumia 1020. I just want to understand what cyan add to the mix, does it fix things? improve battery life? Does it have additional Lumia specific features?

I am asking this because the downgrade and re update takes to much time and would like to know if I can just skip cyan. I don't really have major issues GDR 1 but if the experience can improve, I'm down for cyan
It basically gives you a better camera roll .... Maybe like they have on storyteller app and some camera video recording options... That's all i know.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
You can easily find what Cyan brings to the table by a quick search, there have been articles written on it.
TL;DR it adds some minor features, tweaks, likely better battery life, smoothes over some rough edges.

But if you want to wait for the likely bitlocker fix, go ahead.

redserpent7

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
You can easily find what Cyan brings to the table by a quick search, there have been articles written on it.
TL;DR it adds some minor features, tweaks, likely better battery life, smoothes over some rough edges.

But if you want to wait for the likely bitlocker fix, go ahead.

But even if I get cyan I'll be getting GDR 1 immediately and I wanna know if my device will still have the battery life improvement brought by cyan.

redserpent7

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Please read articles on the very site you are asking this question...

http://www.windowscentral.com/should-you-get-preview-windows-phone-81-update-1

I'm on 8.1 GDR1 on my 1020 as well, and there is now way I'm rolling back to get Cyan. Just wait.

The only feature that looks cool to me is the living images yet I don't really care for it much to waste an entire day restoring my phone.

I am asking if there is any functionality improvements. People here mentioned better battery life and I will like to know how better the battery life is, currently with a normal use I get about 15-16 hours out of my battery before battery saver kicks in. Wi-Fi always on and mostly I use WhatsApp, Facebook and some browsing. Will the cyan update improve the battery usage significantly or is it like an additional hour to the current life I'm having? I would also wanna know if I go through all the system restore process to get cyan and then update to GDR 1, will I still have the improvements of cyan? I know I will still be able to keep the additional features..

spaulagain

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
The only feature that looks cool to me is the living images yet I don't really care for it much to waste an entire day restoring my phone.

I am asking if there is any functionality improvements. People here mentioned better battery life and I will like to know how better the battery life is, currently with a normal use I get about 15-16 hours out of my battery before battery saver kicks in. Wi-Fi always on and mostly I use WhatsApp, Facebook and some browsing. Will the cyan update improve the battery usage significantly or is it like an additional hour to the current life I'm having? I would also wanna know if I go through all the system restore process to get cyan and then update to GDR 1, will I still have the improvements of cyan? I know I will still be able to keep the additional features..

You're asking very subjective questions. While Cyan may improve battery life, everyone's experience is going to be different so I don't think you should make the decision based on that.

If you downgrade, them upgrade to Cyan, yes you can still get GDR1. And yes, Cyan will still be there as it's the Firmware update. GDR1 doesn't override firmware.

For the effort it takes to downgrade then re-upgrade, it's better to just wait. It won't be that much longer.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo