When will the bitlocker issue be solved

oviedofreak82

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
If I remember correctly, when the bitlocker issue first occurred, they suspended the preview for developers program until a fix was found. Now that they have released update 1 for developers, yet I still hear that it (being bitlocker) hasn't been resolved yet. So I believe like most users, we would like some further clarification.

Andrew Gordon

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
I'm beginning to think that they aren't actively working on a fix and instead are hoping that everyone on DP will eventually relent and roll back before updating.
I also find it unbelievable that the issue with Bitlocker wasn't picked up before they started rolling out Cyan.
Bitlocker is a Microsoft product fgs and DP8.1 has been in testing for months and I've no doubt Cyan has too. Pity someone at MS didn't think to test all three together.

Geddeeee

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
The fix will be a while yet. It's a complicated problem.

The downgrade option has been advised by MS. If you choose to ignore this advice then you will unfortunately have to wait.... It could be a long one!!!!

oviedofreak82

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
The fix will be a while yet. It's a complicated problem.

The downgrade option has been advised by MS. If you choose to ignore this advice then you will unfortunately have to wait.... It could be a long one!!!!

That's fine w with me. I like bypassing T-Mobile and updating my phones with the latest software available. I have no problem using "beta" software.

vamsy dvk

Dec 24, 2013
Visit site
If I remember correctly, when the bitlocker issue first occurred, they suspended the preview for developers program until a fix was found. Now that they have released update 1 for developers, yet I still hear that it (being bitlocker) hasn't been resolved yet. So I believe like most users, we would like some further clarification.
Yup..may it soon be released..

anon(5383410)

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site

Ma Rio

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Ok..I see one way out of this, we all spam him (Joe) with the same question.
Eventually, he'll answer, that's how things happen.

I'm going to tweet it now, you do it also, please.

Ask something like "Are you gonna fix the bitlocker issue soon?" or "When is DP getting Cyan?".

David P2

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
Ok..I see one way out of this, we all spam him (Joe) with the same question.
Eventually, he'll answer, that's how things happen.

I'm going to tweet it now, you do it also, please.

Ask something like "Are you gonna fix the bitlocker issue soon?" or "When is DP getting Cyan?".

And then watch as you get blocked after the first 5 messages...

David P2

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
Microsoft Confirms Windows Phone 8.1 Developer Preview Users Don’t Need to Downgrade to Get Lumia Cyan

Although there's no mention of bitlocker and someone actually asks Joe if he's confirming the bitlocker issue is resolved and it doesn't look like he replied. I hope he meant phones with BitLocker included because there's no getting around bitlocker for me (unless I log into the server and disable it, and get fired).

If you read it very carefully, the tweet refers to future firmware updates, not current (which Cyan is).

Ma Rio

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
And then watch as you get blocked after the first 5 messages...

I wasn't saying we all send him multiple messages.
Everyone sends one, which isn't considered spam, so he wouldn't block anyone.
It just indicates intereset, because there are people out here who are waiting for that fix!

David P2

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
I wasn't saying we all send him multiple messages.
Everyone sends one, which isn't considered spam, so he wouldn't block anyone.
It just indicates intereset, because there are people out here who are waiting for that fix!

Actually no, multiple messages received from different sources on the same subject in a short space of time is enough to trigger various spam filters.

Personally I think that anyone who needs to do that (or even suggest it) should grow up, get a life and act a bit more maturely on the matter. Sure it's annoying as hell but I (and am sure many other people) are getting sick and tired of people constantly whinging and moaning because they can't have their own way and want things when it suits them. Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't that the mindset of a child? I couldn't care less when Cyan is released, or the bitlocker issue hasn't been resolved yet - it doesn't affect my life in any way whatsoever, and if it does affect some people's daily routine then they have serious issues.

The fact you commited to running preview software on a primary device removes all entitlement you have to moan complain about any issues that affect you, you made the conscious decision to do so, so you have to deal with the consequences.

sexyantonio

Aug 10, 2014
Visit site
Just flash the phone with Nokia Software Recovery Tool having your phone first backed up. It takes about 30 minutes to flash directly to commercial 8.1 (new) plus Cyan. I did it today and afterwards restored my DP account. Everything worked perfect for me...

The Satellite

Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
Personally I think that anyone who needs to do that (or even suggest it) should grow up, get a life and act a bit more maturely on the matter. Sure it's annoying as hell but I (and am sure many other people) are getting sick and tired of people constantly whinging and moaning because they can't have their own way and want things when it suits them. Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't that the mindset of a child? I couldn't care less when Cyan is released, or the bitlocker issue hasn't been resolved yet - it doesn't affect my life in any way whatsoever, and if it does affect some people's daily routine then they have serious issues.

If people want to tweet at Joe they have every right to do so, just as Joe has every right to not respond if he doesn't want to. Belfiore doesn't need Chief of Internet Police David P2 to protect him, I'm quite sure he knows how to deal with being a public figure.

PS - Not caring about a widespread issue because "it doesn't affect your life in any way whatsoever" is probably the most childish and self-centered thing posted in this thread, so whining about other people acting like children is quite hypocritical, to say the least.

David P2

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
If people want to tweet at Joe they have every right to do so, just as Joe has every right to not respond if he doesn't want to. Belfiore doesn't need Chief of Internet Police David P2 to protect him, I'm quite sure he knows how to deal with being a public figure.

PS - Not caring about a widespread issue because "it doesn't affect your life in any way whatsoever" is probably the most childish and self-centered thing posted in this thread, so whining about other people acting like children is quite hypocritical, to say the least.

So... you think harassing somebody until they do something is actually going to work because a handful of individuals demand to have their own way? Yea, no the world doesn't work like that unfortunately. You could do that until Hell freezes over, but it won't make a slightest bit of difference to the speed in which the issues are resolved.

If you bothered to read my post correctly, you'd notice I never said that they couldn't... I said it was a stupid and childish thing to do, and it was only referring to these issues specifically. While I'm at it... isn't demanding you're own way for something exponentially more self-centered than not giving a hoot?

Lumiamike

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
Has anyone here ever actually had the Bitlocker issue ?? has anyone ever spoken with an affected bitlocker user ?? and why would a company phone using Bitlocker be able to install DP ?? are company pnones not locked down so this cant happen

To me Bitlocker issues are smoke and mirrors, there is no Bitlocker issue, better publicly to say that than our update is messed up due to all the lay offs Ms have recently been through but dont worry we are trying to sort the issue

Just a thought is all

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss