Facing a lag when returning to start screen WP8.1 GDR1

Lance_WPCentral

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site
After installing WP8.1 GDR1 on my Lumia 1320 having Cyan firmware, i noticed that whenever I press back key or do anything to come back to the start screen a lag is noticed while transitioning to the start screen. Anyone else facing this too ? Is there a way to resolve this ?

Last edited:

Charles Wang

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site
My start screen has become quite laggy since upgrading to WP8.1 GDR1. Thought I'd give it the benefit of the doubt and wait for Cyan. Got Cyan last night, and it's still laggy. The stutter is jarring. Using a Lumia 1020 here. Maybe it's because I have too many live tiles / folders on the start screen, reducing the number of these helps a little, but it defeats the purpose of being able to pin them to the start screen.

Akssingh

May 13, 2014
Visit site
I am not having this kind of lag- my phone lags while scrolling the homescreen....a glitchy movement is seen everytime...

patrickwee

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
Hmm,... I though this problem only occurred to low end phone likes my L720., but even 1020 also having this problem meaning to say MSFT got to do something about it!!

Lance_WPCentral

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site
Same here. Thought it might be the SD card. Any thoughts with me?
Even I have all apps installed onto the SD card. I don't think it should be SD card related. I have many background tasks running but same was the case when I just have WP8.1. Looks like something has got messed up with the WP9.1 Update 1.

SymoClod

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
I'm having the same problem on 1520 running 8.1 GDR1 with Cyan so Cyan isn't the cure and it's not restricted to lower end phones.

SymoClod

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
I was thinking of resetting the phone to see if that might help but am unclear of what I would reset to if I did that. Would that reset to GDR1 with cyan or some earlier iteration?

lovenokia

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
I had lag and I was able to fix the issue. I have a Lumia 1520 with cyan firmware, and by unpinning the Cortana live tile, I was able to cure the lag. That was able to do the trick for me. Though the web browser has improved with this update, when I go and browse certain websites like wpcentral.com they are laggy, and not like before. Other websites that were not WP optimized like theverge and Engadget render much clearer and nicer. So there are pros and cons, but it is quite frustrating that wpcentral website is so laggy now, I'm considering to revert back to cyan, because I think we need to wait for the next firmware to get announced so that gdr1 will be able to perform better.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos