Task list in 8.1 - rediculous

Great deal

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I have been waiting patiently for Microsoft to fix the task list. Many people use tasks lists for projects, todo's etc. I have hundreds of tasks all colour coded and categorised via context. The calendar is very basic yet the tasks is utterly unusable. At the very lease they could allow the pinning of tasks to the home screen and have live tile to see whats left to do, as it stands you have to open the calendar, open tasks and you only get a list, its rubbish compared to outlook desktop which is where the majority of the business world lives. I really want to deploy in business yet the basics are completely missing.

The live tile on the Calendar does not show information..grrrrrr

I tried the 3rd party apps, they are good for shopping lists etc, unusable for projects.

Is Tasks fixed in update 1? where can I go to complain to MS?

3DPiper

Dec 13, 2008
Visit site
I agree..
I am just now needing to use Tasks from Outlook synced to my phone. I would LOVE to see a live tile that scrolled the tasks info to KEEP REMINDING ME of my tasks.. Buried in the calendar, I never see it..

holymoo

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
You may want to swap to a third partly list app. Wunderlist recently did a release on the Windows Phone. You might want to check that out.

Ivan Hristov

May 17, 2013
Visit site
I like wunderlist but I think the live tiles of pinned lists aren't updating frequently. My shopping list i.e. is showing things that I checked 1 day ago (when the list is re-pinned it's updated).
Sent from my NOKIA Lumia 820 using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte