Win 8.1 Update 1 for HTC 8x

Zachary Boddy

Staff member
Aug 3, 2014
www.windowscentral.com
I can't remember exactly which device(I apologize) but one of the HTC devices will not be getting the update. I believe it was in fact the 8x. It's unfortunate but part of the system.

iliailia

May 30, 2014
Visit site
HTC 8x will getting the update too soon. But HTC 8s won't.
In a tweet from Microsoft it was suggested that they have working on it together with HTC team.

stickyshocker

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Here read the title again but think competition lol. Win 8.1 update 1 for htc 8x but as lizzie said I'm sure alot of people would be happy with just 8.1 on their 8x but would be a nice comp to win update 1 as well. Perhaps the comp should be to see if anyone still wants to support HTC seems they hardly support their customers

iliailia

May 30, 2014
Visit site
They must support their customers.
HTC 8x is a very good phone and by now it is the flagship Windows phone for HTC.
I have 8.1 and Cortana since the day one after it was received by preview for developer.
And now I'm waiting for 8.1 update GDR1 .

etphoto

Aug 15, 2007
Visit site
Anyone here knows when will we receive the update 1 for Windows 8.1 for our phones HTC 8x with preview for developer of course

Haven't heard yet. But, rest assured. Once the date is announced or people start getting it, messages will start popping up in the 8x forums.

wpn00b

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
Get on twitter or HTC's website and ask them, then report back. No one here knows anything. I have tweeted them a couple of times and emailed once. I'll continue to do so. Nag the crap out of them.

I'll be upgrading when a new device releases that I really want on Verizon, but until a new Lumia for VZW appears or the ICON shows signs of getting the updates, I'm holding out and expect HTC to support the 8X.

wpn00b

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
Get on twitter or HTC's website and ask them, then report back. No one here knows anything. I have tweeted them a couple of times and emailed once. I'll continue to do so. Nag the crap out of them.

I'll be upgrading when a new device releases that I really want on Verizon, but until a new Lumia for VZW appears or the ICON shows signs of getting the updates, I'm holding out and expect HTC to support the 8X.

Well that escalated quickly! Rocking Update 1 as of now :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon